Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>UPDATE: Now It Makes Sense
Country Kids 08:10 AM 12-02-2011
Just finished breakfast and the child that doesn't eat breakfast and has some issues just finished eating.

Here is what they ate: 1/2 bowl oatmeal with apples on top, scrambled eggs, 1/2 pancake, some polish sausage, and 2 glasses of milk! I'm so curious of how behavior will be today.

Parents brought the oatmeal and I added the rest from what I had left over from breakfast.
Meyou 08:28 AM 12-02-2011
Fingers crossed for you.
Country Kids 10:40 AM 12-02-2011
For snack child ate 1/2 pita slice with hummus, 1/2 banana and manderon orange.

No outburst so far today! When they do get upset, I ask them how do we talk and they say sorry and talk politely!
Zoe 10:49 AM 12-02-2011
Well there ya go. Makes complete sense. I know that if I don't eat properly, I'm a bear. A b*tchy b*tchy bear. My DH will gladly go get anything from the store if it keeps me from being hungry.

I'm so glad dcb is behaving better for you today!
SimpleMom 11:08 AM 12-02-2011
Yay!!!! So glad to hear that and...wow, they sure ate a lot! Probably was the hunger talking!
Country Kids 01:23 PM 12-02-2011
Update regarding lunch!

This was treat day so:

Hotdogs-ate the dogs not the buns
Tator tots-nibbled on those
Carrot/Broccolli/Tomatos-nibbled around on those
Baked beans-One ate them, the others didn't

I know it sounds like a huge lunch but I like to give several choices-some healthy, some for fun. Didn't expect it to all be gone after the food they ate this morning but I know they have very full tummys now!
Breezy 01:30 PM 12-02-2011
Did they nap good today?
Country Kids 01:46 PM 12-02-2011
They crashed again right after laying down! So we had two months of no napping and now back to napping again. I don't think I will ever know what was causing them not to nap!
Country Kids 09:27 PM 12-02-2011
Didn't do snack at parents request. They were going to have a nice dinner, see Santa, and some other things. Wanted to make sure the child ate a good dinner before seeing Santa. No problem, didn't matter to me.

Childs behavior suddenly started getting at of control though about 1/2 an hour before pick up time. Had no problems all day!!! So I am definetly seeing a coralation between the food and behavior. Even though child had eaten wonderfully all day, the last snack was missing.

The pick up parent couldn't believe what the child ate today! Then said it was such a simple solution and felt sooooo bad for not even thinking about it till I said something. Hopefully we have the same wonderful results next week. Wait I know we will due to positive thinking-
Tags:contract - revisions, special treatment
Reply Up