Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>School Age Rates
Unregistered 01:43 PM 10-20-2010
What do you all think I should charge for school age children? I currently charge $90 a week for preschoolers (which is considered on the higher rate scale for my area). I need to know what to charge for b/a school care and what to charge on school breaks when the child is here all day. I haven't provided care for schoolagers before, but one of my families has a preschooler enrolled and now needs care for their schoolager when child isn't in school. I actually think school agers are more work and hassle than preschoolers, require more food, more entertainment (they're always "bored" no matter what you give them to do), have major attitudes to deal with, talk back more, etc. but everyone charges less for them, for some reason but how much less should it be? On school breaks the child would be here the same hours as the preschooler ($90/week or $18/day). So what would you charge weekly or daily for all day care, and weekly or daily for b/a school care?
mac60 02:52 AM 10-21-2010
I charge $35 to $40 for b/a school, but if it is a sibling of a ft child, I usually take $5 off. B or A school, $25. On no school days, they add $10 to their rate for each day.....both my SA have a ft sibling.
melskids 03:41 AM 10-21-2010
as far as full day rates, i charge the same for all age groups, because to me, there all the same amount of work, just in different ways.

how many hours would care be needed for before/after school? i have one that is here literally 10 minutes after school, and some that are here 2 hrs, so i do charge a little different. for the 10 minute girl, i get $20/wk. for the ones here for 2 hrs after school only, i get $50 wk. these rates are higher hourly then my full time rate, but i have to make it worth my time and trouble, kwim?
AfterSchoolMom 04:00 AM 10-21-2010
The average rate for full day care here is $125-150/week.

I charge $80 for B/A, or $60 for one or the other. My SA's are here for about 15 hrs/week. I charge an extra 10 for half days and 20 for full days.
legomom922 05:47 AM 10-21-2010
I charge $15/day for up to a max of 3 hrs.
DanceMom 06:06 AM 10-21-2010
I charge $40 a week for one SA ( I wont take anymore ) She eats like a hog. I actually used to only charge her $25 a week but ended up increasing it because of how much she eats ! She is here for about 2 1/2 hours a day.
momofboys 07:07 AM 10-21-2010
I'm in the midwest & I currently charge $7/day for B & A care ($35/week) but this child has a younger sibling that is why I charge so little. IF there was no yougner sibling in my care I would charge $10/day. However, on days off school I will add an additional $8 fee so I will be getting $15 for the day.
Tags:charging, school-age
Reply Up