Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Having Issues For Breakfast
winkiedee 06:49 AM 03-05-2013
i am on the food nutrition program and we cant serve peanut butter due to several with allergies. My food is getting cold, my toast is hard as rock. Any ideas on some breakfast meals and snack would be appreciated.
Rachel 07:25 AM 03-05-2013
Do you serve breakfast at one time, or as they come in. Have you tried serving them all together so the food stays hot and you serve it once?

I am not on food program, but I serve oatmeal or farina with fruit, bread with spread and veggies, eggs (2x a week) for breakfast. I have also done pancakes, and I am lusting after a waffle maker.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:00 AM 03-05-2013
My standard breakfast is Organic O's with Bananas and Milk. My little ones like the repetition of that every day! I use to switch but they didn't eat as well. Now, that being said if I feel like waffles (usually with choc chips because we don't like syrup) or oatmeal I will do it. But that is usually the extent of it.
Snacks- I do am snack (breakfast above) lunch and dinner. Dinner being at 4- 4:30 ish.
"Dinner" of course milk is served-
String cheese, crackers, raw veggies and apples
Hard boiled eggs, bagel, peas, apples
tortilla with refried beans and cheese, carrot sticks and pineapple
homemade "lunchable" crackers, spagetti sauce and shredded cheese, carrot and celery sticks, apples
humus, crackers, raw vegies, grapes
leftover "fried rice" hard boiled egg, peas and pineapple
So basically our "dinner" is a heavy snack
Scout 06:44 PM 03-06-2013
Lately, these guys just want cereal!! Sure it is easy for me but, we use a lot of milk and i am not on the food program!! I would like to do waffles with fruit and powdered sugar, pancakes with syrup, eggs with cheese, mini muffins with yogurt, and cereal. Different every day would be ideal for me, not so much for them I guess. Maybe I will try again! They seem to follow what ds does and he is not a good breakfast eater! I am lucky that since the kids come he does actually eat some cereal before school each morning!
Angelsj 08:04 PM 03-06-2013
If you are serving singly (as they come), you can do a bunch of muffins, and zap one for 10-12 secs, keep a griddle on and do french toast as they come in, mini bagels (zap and cream cheese).

If you are opposed to microwaves, you can keep those things warm in a low oven as well.
misslori50 02:52 PM 08-20-2013
Baby quiches, egg and ham burritos. Oatmeal, cereal, pancakes, waffle sticks, french toast
Reply Up