Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Shoes Policy...I'm Getting So Upset ...Help
josie2014 11:04 AM 06-06-2014
I spoke with the mom no shoes inside ok...she was keep coming with shoes.I bought door sign SINCE LITTLE FINGER TOUCH THIS FLOOR NO SHOES INSIDE and I also bought boot tray where I live all my shoes...at first she's just staying at the door but now she's coming with shoes inside again...Oh that's making me so upset. ...
Blackcat31 11:08 AM 06-06-2014
Skip the signs and hints....just straight up say "STOP! We do NOT wear shoes in my house!"

Parents are alot like kids and need to be told in simple terms sometimes.
melilley 11:09 AM 06-06-2014
I would talk to her to her face and make sure she understands. Or if she comes in with shoes on, call her out on it!
Shell 11:09 AM 06-06-2014
I would just stop her as she is heading past the location where she is allowed to wear them. Just say, "wait a second, no shoes past this point, mom- it's for the safety of all the little ones". I have a no shoe policy, too and had one dcm that used to push her boundaries until I had this conversation.

When I worked in a center, I used to always forget to take them off when I would pop into an infant room to grab something. It used to infuriate the teachers, but I was oblivious. Could she just be oblivious?
josie2014 11:11 AM 06-06-2014
Do you think I should text her?We already talk face to face.At first time she said I will try...But she's didn't liked at all.
KiddieCahoots 11:12 AM 06-06-2014
Try having her child ready to leave so she doesn't have to go past the front door rug.
I will even physically block people from entering any further if they don't take off their shoes at the entry rug.
Crazy8 01:12 PM 06-06-2014
Originally Posted by josie2014:
Do you think I should text her?We already talk face to face.At first time she said I will try...But she's didn't liked at all.
I wouldn't text her - I would just stop her as soon as she goes to move into the area with shoes on. Do it EVERY TIME.
nannyde 01:19 PM 06-06-2014
She told you no when she said "I will try". She has been taking her shoes on and off since she was a toddler. There's nothing to try.

She is bullying you. Tell her if she isn't able to actually take her shoes off rather than try to that she can't come into your home.
LadyK8 01:23 PM 06-06-2014
It's so weird that parents have to be told this.

When my dcp's walk into my home, they see that we take our shoes off, so they take theirs off without me having to say anything.
KiddieCahoots 01:34 PM 06-06-2014
I've had a mom tell me she couldn't take her shoes off and preferred to stay at the rug, (all while laughing) cause she insisted we wouldn't want to breath after that, if she did.
So....maybe she has foot odor .....
MarinaVanessa 01:39 PM 06-06-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Skip the signs and hints....just straight up say "STOP! We do NOT wear shoes in my house!"
And hand her the swiffer/mop/broom/vacuume and have her clean up any mess she's tracked in.
Unregistered 03:05 PM 06-06-2014
Is she overweight? I am obese and struggle to get my own shoes on each morning.
Heidi 03:10 PM 06-06-2014
One thing I have noticed is that many people don't have any kind of bench by the door. Do you?

We visited some childless friends for a weekend. They had a little foyer with a rug, and a white carpet in the living room. It was pretty obvious right away (to me) that this was a "no shoes" house. But, no where to sit, and with winter boots that zip up, I found myself struggling to get them off while standing.

So, if you don't have a bench, maybe put one (or a chair) by the door. Otherwise a "STOP!" with hands in front of you.

We are 95% no shoes here. But, one of my moms is in the military, and I do not make her take off her shoes. She tries to stay on the entry rug, but sometimes I give her a pass, because there is no way she can take off those military boots, get kiddo, get him ready to go, and then also get her shoes on.
LysesKids 07:09 PM 06-06-2014
Originally Posted by Heidi:
One thing I have noticed is that many people don't have any kind of bench by the door. Do you?

We visited some childless friends for a weekend. They had a little foyer with a rug, and a white carpet in the living room. It was pretty obvious right away (to me) that this was a "no shoes" house. But, no where to sit, and with winter boots that zip up, I found myself struggling to get them off while standing.

I have a small bench for parents to sit on… one dad just waits for me to bring his baby to him… his wife picks up 2 times week, takes shoes off and comes gets little man. Most parents kick off shoes and come in
Leigh 09:10 PM 06-06-2014
Originally Posted by nannyde:
She told you no when she said "I will try". She has been taking her shoes on and off since she was a toddler. There's nothing to try.

She is bullying you. Tell her if she isn't able to actually take her shoes off rather than try to that she can't come into your home.

Can you put up a walk-through baby gate in the area to provide a physical barrier for her? Hand her child to her over the barrier? I agree with the pp that said to just tell her "STOP!, no shoes on the carpet!".
playground1 05:12 AM 06-07-2014
I have been through this SO many times with our parents. We have these:

Maybe that would help. But the best thing you could do right now is get a backbone. Tell her she MAY NOT come in with shoes on.
josie2014 07:13 AM 06-07-2014
I texted her lol...I forgot to say something yesterday.I said I forgot to talk to you about shoes policy in my home,If you would like I can pick up dck everytime so you don't need to take off your shoes,you can come anytime inside but please take off your shoes.My husband and I don't use shoes at home,is for sanitary and I like to keep my home clean as possible.Thank you...I'm sure she is so up set lol...we see now.
Meeko 12:58 PM 06-07-2014
Go visit her home and spit gum on her floor. If she asks you not to...say you'll try.......then do it again.....
Blackcat31 12:48 PM 10-24-2014
Interesting article about why you shouldn't wear shoes inside

http://homehealthlove.com/2014/10/14...olicy-at-home/
Tags:shoe policy, shoes
Reply Up