Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>10 hour Vouchers
Ilovemychildren 11:02 AM 10-23-2014
Hello my daycare providers!!!

I want to know what is your take on daycare vouchers? In my state a full time voucher is 10 hrs.

I have some parents that actually work and only use about 8-8.5 hours a day. But, then there are those that want care for 10hrs but do not work at all, nor attend school. What is your take on this?

I have a subcontractor (a family child care agency that refers vouchers to me) that will send me families. If I would ask them during interview what hours are you in need of they are NOT hesitant to say ALL DAY. I try to help out as much as I can. But I was fooled by a mom. She "supposedly worked" and wanted care for her 8 month old and 18 month old from 6-4! She even wanted to have her children transported to my home before opening hours and will always be late to pick up!

I want to know if you have come across this? What is your opinion? How do you deal with this?

Thank you lovies!
KiddieCahoots 11:13 AM 10-23-2014
Double check with your family resource. We are contracted with the family resource for a 10 hour allotted time frame, but I'm pretty certain they do not want clients going over 9 hours a day. I have declined people pushing this limit, and unfortunately, like you've pointed out, some people learn the system and use it. I do not accept them if they are not worth it for me, especially since we are accepting lower rates than our own rates to begin with.
Unregistered 04:33 PM 10-23-2014
our agencies encourage the families to use the full 10 hours.
KiddieCahoots 04:49 PM 10-23-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
our agencies encourage the families to use the full 10 hours.

One of my clients is the co director of my family resource, and I'm told this by her. Sorry it's different in your area.
Ilovemychildren 02:59 PM 11-02-2014
Originally Posted by KiddieCahoots:
One of my clients is the co director of my family resource, and I'm told this by her. Sorry it's different in your area.
I wish it were like that... unfortunately it isn't. It's a good and bad thing. Vouchers are more so promising income versus a private family... but with a private family you have contracted hours. With a voucher family it can be the full 10hrs or anything between...
Reply Up