Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Letter Announcing Closure
Unregistered 12:48 PM 10-24-2014
So plans are going in the right direction, and as long as all goes well I plan to be able to close the daycare at the beginning of the year! We are expecting baby #4 in February and have been putting money in savings each week at have a large cushion. Our oldest will start kindergarten in August and unless I somehow got transportation (we don't qualify for bussing), I'd have to close anyway as I can't drive my 4 plus up to 3 daycare kids.
One family I will have had for a year in January, and two I've had for 3 months now. How does this letter sound? (I'll admit, writing it has helped me as I have been DONE with daycare as of late and am so excited to be able to close!) I'll be closing about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks before the baby is born! My husband is on track to be promoted to management in about a year or so (hopefully less), and I have a part time job I can start to pick up hours with.
My contract has 2 weeks notice for me, but I want to give a whole month so they have time. How does this sound?

December 29, 2014

I am sad to inform you that I will be closing the daycare as of January 23, 2015. It was a very difficult decision, but an opportunity arose with Kyle’s work that allows me to take time off for our family and it is one that we cannot pass up. I have enjoyed working with you all, and wish you the best in finding new care. We will all miss everyone!

Sincerely,
DCP
BumbleBee 12:59 PM 10-24-2014
Short & Sweet, looks good to me!
Reply Up