Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Another Rates ?
DCMomOf3 08:21 AM 08-11-2010
Do you have different rates for different families? I feel I need to charge the same to everyone that comes through my door, they all have the same contract, same hours, same fees. I want to raise my rates (previous post), but I feel strange charging new families more than my others.
JenNJ 08:27 AM 08-11-2010
I am going to increase rates this fall so any new contracts will have the new increased rate.
kidkair 08:33 AM 08-11-2010
I have two different rates. I changed my rates in June and so all new clients go by the new rates and the older clients stick to the rates they originally signed with. However it won't always be like that as I plan on giving myself a raise so that the older clients match the new rates.
DCMom 09:47 AM 08-11-2010
My families are all over the place, lol!

I charge a flat rate per spot and I raise my rates about $5 each year, but only for new families. My oldest families are at $125 and my newest family in Sept will be at $160.

I don't charge a different rate for infants, toddlers, preschool~I figure that each age has its own challenges therefore I charge per spot. The only difference is school-age, that is on a case by case basis depending on the need.
Abigail 02:49 PM 08-11-2010
The cost of living goes up over time, when your current families contracts get renewed, maybe January unless you want to start in September to keep on the school schedule, then notify them in advance what the new increase would be and don't let the new families get this notice because they are already at that rate. I would raise everyone's rate when you need to because the cost of living isn't going to remain the same for you in every aspect either. I agree that every family should pay the same amount, if other's are grandfathered into the contract, I feel you're making them a deal and I know I can't afford "deals".
kidkair 03:04 PM 08-11-2010
Originally Posted by Abigail:
The cost of living goes up over time, when your current families contracts get renewed, maybe January unless you want to start in September to keep on the school schedule, then notify them in advance what the new increase would be and don't let the new families get this notice because they are already at that rate. I would raise everyone's rate when you need to because the cost of living isn't going to remain the same for you in every aspect either. I agree that every family should pay the same amount, if other's are grandfathered into the contract, I feel you're making them a deal and I know I can't afford "deals".
I raised my new clients up to actually drive away people looking for the cheapest daycare. I didn't need a cost of living raise or anything like that as I was doing just fine with bills and such with the 4 amazing kids I had. I want clients who will respect me and I was getting a lot of people who were trying to start their kids the following day over the phone. When I raised my rates I got a lot few of those type of calls and got some awesome new clients.
emosks 05:09 PM 08-11-2010
Every full time family (here all 5 days) pays the weekly rate. Every part time family (here 4 days or less) pays the same daily rate.
alyssyn 05:28 PM 08-11-2010
The families I have now will stay at the same rate. If after the first of the year, any new families will have a rate increae.
MARSTELAC 08:27 AM 12-01-2010
So, can I have different rates for my families? I already give a substantial sibling discount (never should have done it after reviewing comments on here) but I am considering a bigger raise for one of my "more challenging" families...like double what the others are getting (1.50 per week for most and 3.00 for the other family). Thoughts????
laundrymom 09:04 AM 12-01-2010
my families all pay different rates. the new ones are all at 30 more per week than the oldest ones.
DancingQueen 09:20 AM 12-01-2010
I'm there now. all future families will be paying a higher rate. The current families I will leave at this rate for one more year. Next year I'll likely raise my rates but just a lil bit.
marniewon 09:37 AM 12-01-2010
Originally Posted by MARSTELAC:
So, can I have different rates for my families? I already give a substantial sibling discount (never should have done it after reviewing comments on here) but I am considering a bigger raise for one of my "more challenging" families...like double what the others are getting (1.50 per week for most and 3.00 for the other family). Thoughts????
I'm not so sure you want to raise rates to a higher amount for one family and not raise it so much for the rest. IF they were to find out they were paying more, how would you defend that decision? Assuming you would at all. It's one thing for a family to be "grand-fathered" into a lower rate, and newer clients start out at a higher rate, but to raise rates due to difficulty of family would be harder to explain.
DanceMom 09:57 AM 12-01-2010
I havent raised my rates yet as I already overcharge about $30 more a week than most in home daycares around here. I charge depending on age - so yes some pay more than others.
Tags:rates
Reply Up