Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>1 year old....ideas please
Francine 03:46 AM 03-10-2011
So I have a little guy who will be one on Saturday, he ALWAYS has something in his mouth. Doesn't matter what it is, little people, book, play dish, etc. etc. very rarely do I see him without something in his mouth. The problem is that he has started to walk but is still in the stage where he falls alot, sometimes onto his face. I am so concerned that he is going to fall with a toy in his mouth and knock out his teeth. I have picked up all toys with long handles...Handy Many Tools, play fry pans with handles so that he isn't falling and ramming them down his throat. If I pick up all of the toys that he could possibly put in his mouth and then fall on the other kids won't have anything to play with. What would you do? Leave all of the toys out and hope for the best? Pick up everything small enough to put in his mouth and the other kids can all deal with it? Put him in a different area and listen to him scream because he wants out?

I so don't want to have to make the call to Mom telling her that her son is missing his two front teeth.
kidkair 04:00 AM 03-10-2011
You could spend a couple days keeping him by your side and taking the toys out of his mouth constantly saying "don't eat toys" or something like that. I did this with a 10 month old and he learned in just a couple days to take the toy out of his mouth when ever I said "don't eat toys" or "out of your mouth". By the end of the week he was better about not putting things in his mouth than a three year old who started with me at 2.
Reply Up