Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCD Thinks He Makes The Rules
Maggie 03:50 PM 10-24-2014
I can't believe the nerve of this man and I am POed right now. My problem family has been with me for 6 years and why I still put up with them I don't know. They have pretty much broken every policy in my contract. Every pet peeve anyone has about dcp, that is them. Dad and I have butted heads many times but I always tell him if your not satisfied please move on. Anyway, when they first started with me I had a rate for infants and a discount once they were fully potty trained. Their daughter, who is six now qualified for that discount. I no longer offer that discount and haven't for 3 years. If he has been reading his yearly contract he would know that. Well his son who just turned 3 is finally potty trained. I received his payment in the mail today and he took it upon himself to reduce his rate. Are you kidding me! You remembered that from your contract 3 years ago but just 2 months ago you "forgot" that you had to pay me for your vacation week. Unbelievable. He just asked me the other day how dcb was doing at my house with the potty, you'd think he would have said something then about lowering his payment. I am so sick of arguing with this man he seriously thinks rules don't apply to him.
AuntTami 04:05 PM 10-24-2014
Originally Posted by Maggie:
I can't believe the nerve of this man and I am POed right now. My problem family has been with me for 6 years and why I still put up with them I don't know. They have pretty much broken every policy in my contract. Every pet peeve anyone has about dcp, that is them. Dad and I have butted heads many times but I always tell him if your not satisfied please move on. Anyway, when they first started with me I had a rate for infants and a discount once they were fully potty trained. Their daughter, who is six now qualified for that discount. I no longer offer that discount and haven't for 3 years. If he has been reading his yearly contract he would know that. Well his son who just turned 3 is finally potty trained. I received his payment in the mail today and he took it upon himself to reduce his rate. Are you kidding me! You remembered that from your contract 3 years ago but just 2 months ago you "forgot" that you had to pay me for your vacation week. Unbelievable. He just asked me the other day how dcb was doing at my house with the potty, you'd think he would have said something then about lowering his payment. I am so sick of arguing with this man he seriously thinks rules don't apply to him.
Why not term? If someone was trying to tell ME how to run MY business, that wouldn't fly with me... Can you afford to term?

Next time you see him, I would definitely bring it up. Tell him in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS that YOU run this ship, and that you expect your rules and policies to be followed, and that includes the fact that the potty training discount NO LONGER applies. You expect the additional amount by XX day, or a late fee will begin accruing and after XX day if not paid up, their child will no longer be allowed to attend. Obviously different words, but that message.....
KidGrind 05:02 PM 10-24-2014
You can show him better than you can tell him.

When he attempts the next drop-off tell him you cannot accept the child into care until you receive payment in full.
snbauser 05:19 PM 10-24-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
You can show him better than you can tell him.

When he attempts the next drop-off tell him you cannot accept the child into care until you receive payment in full.
And make sure you include the late fee since full payment was not received on time.
KidGrind 05:20 PM 10-24-2014
Originally Posted by snbauser:
And make sure you include the late fee since full payment was not received on time.
God, this is why I love, love, love this forum.
Controlled Chaos 08:04 PM 10-24-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
God, this is why I love, love, love this forum.

I want to buy you all coffee That is how I show love and appreciation...the sharing of caffeine
Josiegirl 03:09 AM 10-25-2014
Coffee and chocolate....what else is there???

Make him another copy of your policies, highlighting all the areas he's messing with. Then add a note that it has been in effect since XXXXdate. Any failure to follow from now on, will constitute probation.

I think many parents feel as if they are in charge. They still hold onto this belief we are their babysitters and it's not really a professional business.
Reply Up