Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advice from an eight year old...
busymommy0420 04:27 PM 10-27-2014
Today my DOG who is 8 and I were having a conversation. We were talking about school and her behavior at school now that she is in the third grade. My kindergarten daughter has been coming home crabby everyday. My daughter has a great day at school, listens well, plays well but is tired and crabby when she gets home and doesn't always listen to my directions. So the 8 year old DCG said to me that maybe she( my daughter) is using up all of her listening skills at school so is tired of listening when she gets home. I just thought that this was adorable. The 8-year-old went on to tell me that she suffered from this as well in kindergarten lol. I have had this 8 year old since she was four and I don't recall her being crabby ever. My daughter is suffering from the after kindergarten blues I hope it's just a phase. Just wanted to share!
e.j. 06:05 PM 10-27-2014
Out of the mouth of babes.... When my son was in school, he would get off the school bus, walk into the house and have an instant meltdown on my kitchen floor. I didn't understand it until his doctor explained that he was working so hard to keep it together at school that by the time he got home in the afternoon, the pressure that had been building all day at school would finally blow up once he got home to his "safe zone". Your 8 year old dcg is very wise for her age.
TheGoodLife 06:57 PM 10-27-2014
What a smart young lady!
Reply Up