Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Is Your Clothing Policy/ Attire Policy
lvt77 01:39 PM 01-26-2011
Can you tell me what your clothing policy is? Also, when a child has to change clothing for any reason, do you wash them or send them home??

Thanks
Abigail 01:46 PM 01-26-2011
Clothing
Please bring an extra set of clothing for your child, including shirt, pants, underwear, and socks. If your child is being toilet-trained, please bring two extra sets of clothing. Make sure to provide weather-appropriate clothing. During the winter, bring a warm jacket, hat, scarf, mittens or gloves, a snowsuit or snow pants, and boots. During the summer, bring a swimsuit and towel. All the clothing must be labeled with your child’s name on it. Shoes should be comfortable and provide adequate protection for the feet during outdoor play. Flip-flops, slip-on shoes, and open-toed sandals are prohibited as they present a safety hazard.

Here it gets very cold during the winter so that is why I made the list. I'm not sure if I'll need them to bring a towel with the swim suits for water play or not, it would be easier for me to provide it, BUT if they provide it they wash it at home. Saves money and time that way. I use to have that the parents provide a plastic bag for the clothing, but I would much rather just save my own grocery sacks to put the child's clothing in and write their name in a marker on it for the day until the parents pickup and take it home. We were also advised not to rinse any clothing because we shouldn't put outself at risk for germs, etc. but we're not required not too if we choose to actually rinse out poopy/vomit clothing. I'm also not sure about my last sentence of saying flip flops are prohhibited because they would actually be fine for waterplay, but in general they're not a good choice for shoes at daycare. I would appreciate any feedback as well.
lvt77 01:49 PM 01-26-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Clothing
Please bring an extra set of clothing for your child, including shirt, pants, underwear, and socks. If your child is being toilet-trained, please bring two extra sets of clothing. Make sure to provide weather-appropriate clothing. During the winter, bring a warm jacket, hat, scarf, mittens or gloves, a snowsuit or snow pants, and boots. During the summer, bring a swimsuit and towel. All the clothing must be labeled with your child’s name on it. Shoes should be comfortable and provide adequate protection for the feet during outdoor play. Flip-flops, slip-on shoes, and open-toed sandals are prohibited as they present a safety hazard.

Here it gets very cold during the winter so that is why I made the list. I'm not sure if I'll need them to bring a towel with the swim suits for water play or not, it would be easier for me to provide it, BUT if they provide it they wash it at home. Saves money and time that way. I use to have that the parents provide a plastic bag for the clothing, but I would much rather just save my own grocery sacks to put the child's clothing in and write their name in a marker on it for the day until the parents pickup and take it home. We were also advised not to rinse any clothing because we shouldn't put outself at risk for germs, etc. but we're not required not too if we choose to actually rinse out poopy/vomit clothing. I'm also not sure about my last sentence of saying flip flops are prohhibited because they would actually be fine for waterplay, but in general they're not a good choice for shoes at daycare. I would appreciate any feedback as well.
thanks for the feed back... I am still working on my PHB...what a nightmare...lol
I think that next time I wont rewrite my PHB during tax season...lol too much on my plate....

thanks so much I will take all into consideration

Tags:clothing, dress code, policy
Reply Up