Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>MN CCAP Question
MARSTELAC 09:13 AM 08-16-2011
Can parents get assistance to pay for daycare if they are not working?
GretasLittleFriends 10:02 AM 08-16-2011
According to MN DHS website, it says
Originally Posted by :
Child care costs may be paid for qualifying families while they go to work, look for work or attend school. To qualify for CCAP, families must comply with child support enforcement if applicable for all children in the family. Care must be provided by a legal child care provider over the age of 18.
Of course it is income based, and also based on the hours of daycare they need in a two week basis. I had a family lose their benefits... Single dad, job cut hours tremendously, and they lost their benefits. So not sure how that would work if he were "looking for work"...
thecrazyisout 11:05 AM 08-16-2011
Nope...only if they are going to school or part of a work program that requires their attendance,, which would mean they would need daycare.
Blackcat31 01:35 PM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by thecrazyisout:
Nope...only if they are going to school or part of a work program that requires their attendance,, which would mean they would need daycare.
There are various reasons that parents can receive CCAP that are not all school or work related. It is up to the worker and DHS agency to approve or deny services.

Here is the link to the CCAP handbook. http://www.dhs.state.mn.us/main/grou...s16_152499.pdf

The eligibility requirements start on page 34. (sect 4.3)
Michelle 01:51 PM 08-16-2011
Oh my gosh!
In California , they can be doing anything and have free childcare.
I had a parent that went to school, therapy, Dr. appt., and just stayed home all day while the state payed for her house to be cleaned because she was considered mentally ill. She went shopping, friends house, slept in, anything she wanted...
Tags:assistance, ccap, minnesota
Reply Up