Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>What is the Impact of No 1095a?
1095a frustration 12:07 PM 03-20-2016
Tom Copeland, do you know what the impact will be that I don't have a 1095A form from my health care exchange?
I have my total of premiums paid in 2015, as well as the amount of the Advance Premium Tax Credit that they gave me in error and could not ever get fixed. But I do not have the required form.

Because of the above, I *think* that my taxes can be prepared (I use a tax service) and that I can then pay any additional taxes owed, and file for an extension. And I *think* that if I were due a refund that it will be delayed because I likely cannot file by 4/15 without the 1095A.

But I would like to hear what you know about this. (And if you think there will be any repercussions to the state for not having the forms out by 1/31 as required by law.)

(Not usually ashamed to be a MN provider, but lately ...)
TomCopeland 06:57 AM 03-21-2016
Originally Posted by 1095a frustration:
Tom Copeland, do you know what the impact will be that I don't have a 1095A form from my health care exchange?
I have my total of premiums paid in 2015, as well as the amount of the Advance Premium Tax Credit that they gave me in error and could not ever get fixed. But I do not have the required form.

Because of the above, I *think* that my taxes can be prepared (I use a tax service) and that I can then pay any additional taxes owed, and file for an extension. And I *think* that if I were due a refund that it will be delayed because I likely cannot file by 4/15 without the 1095A.

But I would like to hear what you know about this. (And if you think there will be any repercussions to the state for not having the forms out by 1/31 as required by law.)

(Not usually ashamed to be a MN provider, but lately ...)
I wish I could help, but I don't know enough about this issue to help. I believe your assumptions are correct, but I would talk to your tax preparer about this.
Tags:form 1095a, minnesota, taxes
Reply Up