Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Our Home Made Chia-heads
Blackcat31 01:23 PM 04-26-2012
Here are some cute pictures of our home made chia-heads. It is grass seed in a nylon stocking filled with sawdust. We used puffy paint to add faces.

When the grass seed starts to grow it becomes the hair and the kids can trim as needed or style anyway they choose! It is a favorite spring activity here!
mema 01:56 PM 04-26-2012
That's awesome! May have to steal that! I have one that likes to "cut" doll and pony hair!
Kaddidle Care 03:11 PM 04-26-2012
Those are so cool!

I'll never forget the Christmas my husband took my son with him to pick me out a Christmas present. He insisted on a Chia Pet! Must have been a great commercial. I was in histerics when I opened it.
Heidi 03:20 PM 04-26-2012
I did those once years ago, only we pinched off pieces for ears and a nose and then tied little rubber bands around them to hold them. It's really funny when the grass starts growing out of akward places on their faces...

Here are the version we did this year. One thing I like about these is that they can see the roots grow too. Kind of cool!
Attached: kinderhaus kids 007.jpg (82.4 KB) kinderhaus kids 005.jpg (185.1 KB) 
Blackcat31 03:24 PM 04-26-2012
Wow! Those are super cute! Did you use empty pop bottles? That would be much easier! We now have sawdust EVERYWHERE!!!! LOL!!

I should've posted those pictures instead as a warning to do this craft outside!
Heidi 03:26 PM 04-26-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Wow! Those are super cute! Did you use empty pop bottles? That would be much easier! We now have sawdust EVERYWHERE!!!! LOL!!

I should've posted those pictures instead as a warning to do this craft outside!
Yep...soda bottles...
Country Kids 04:13 PM 04-26-2012
Where did you get the sawdust? Please don't tell me your hubbys shop. Are you willing to ship some to all of us?

We might just do the pop bottle ones. Saves me shipping and handling if I have you send me sawdust-

Can you see the UPS man when I open the door and say "Awesome my sawdust is here"
MarinaVanessa 04:22 PM 04-26-2012
Those are super cute! Maybe ww'll make those for fathers day too.
dEHmom 07:16 AM 04-27-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Can you see the UPS man when I open the door and say "Awesome my sawdust is here"

Blackcat31 07:26 AM 04-27-2012
Where did you get the sawdust? Please don't tell me your hubbys shop. Are you willing to ship some to all of us?

We might just do the pop bottle ones. Saves me shipping and handling if I have you send me sawdust-

Yes, hubby's woodshop! LOL! We are swimming in sawdust as it is everywhere!! We use it for anything and everything we can!

If you seriously need some sawdust, I can send you some! LOL! It is lightweight so probably really cheap for shipping! ...or wait, this is all just a ploy to see the UPS man isn't it?!?! or was that daycare who waits for the UPS guy?
Country Kids 08:36 AM 04-27-2012
Yes, hubby's woodshop! LOL! We are swimming in sawdust as it is everywhere!! We use it for anything and everything we can!

If you seriously need some sawdust, I can send you some! LOL! It is lightweight so probably really cheap for shipping! ...or wait, this is all just a ploy to see the UPS man isn't it?!?! or was that daycare who waits for the UPS guy?
It was daycare that about broke her neck getting to the door-
Heidi 09:17 AM 04-27-2012

I used potting soil for mine...but if you want to use sawdust, you can just by hamster bedding at Walmart. It does smell sooo nice!
My3cents 07:40 AM 11-01-2012

This really made me chuckle. I thought I was the only one that looked forward to the UPS man .........lol
nanglgrl 02:47 PM 11-01-2012

Lol, awesome indeed.
daycare 02:53 PM 11-01-2012
so first off I love the craft super cute

second I love all the lingo.....soda, pop, coke bottles.........lol

and third.............I miss the UPS and the FED EX man....................

I want the kids to make these for each other for christmas is that strange???
Country Kids 03:25 PM 11-01-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
so first off I love the craft super cute

second I love all the lingo.....soda, pop, coke bottles.........lol

and third.............I miss the UPS and the FED EX man....................

I want the kids to make these for each other for christmas is that strange???
Where did the Mr. UPS and Mr. FED EX go? Did they figure out you were ordering things so they could deliver? Kind of a mail type stalking thing-

Oh, I crack myself up. I so need something really going on in my life-
daycare 03:34 PM 11-01-2012
Where did the Mr. UPS and Mr. FED EX go? Did they figure out you were ordering things so they could deliver? Kind of a mail type stalking thing-

Oh, I crack myself up. I so need something really going on in my life-
hahahahhahahah OMG you could be right!!
Tags:chia, craft ideas - toddlers
Reply Up