Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>schedules
kayla 06:48 AM 01-06-2012
I have a dck who i never know when to expect. Ive asked his mother to come up with a set schedule but every day its different. Yesterday i put a note on my door saying i need set schedules so i may plan accordingly and nothing. I am so close to giving this child notice. Last week it was 7:30 this week its 9:00 those are very different times i could have been sleeping in or running errands. What should i do??? Also this is my problem child, and by problem i mean every day there is multiple issues. HELP!!!
melissa ann 06:59 AM 01-06-2012
Do you have a contract with this mom? When she first started, did she have a regular schedule and did it change or was it always like this? If she doesn't come by a certain time, leave or just don't answer the door. Than maybe she will give you a set schedule.
LittleD 07:54 AM 01-06-2012
Unfortunetly I've gad to do what pp poster suggested. I couldn't term as I did need the income and my co ordinator didn't want me to. So I warned her. I said your requested start time is 8 if I don't hear from you by 8:30 I cannot gaurentee I will be here after that time. I would be ready to go at 8:30 and leave if she didn't show up. One time I was home but didn't andwer the door. After that she was more courteous, for a couple of months"
then I had to repeat the process
Unregistered 08:11 AM 01-06-2012
I had this same problem my first year. I added a section to my contract with arrival and departure times. Families are allowed a fifteen minute window in the morning AFTER the scheduled drop off time (early is never allowed) and a fifteen minute window for pick-up, with the latest allowed window ending at 4:00. Basically, they have to tell me they will arrive between 7:30-7:45 every day, and pick up between 3:45-4:00 every day (or whatever times we have agreed upon). I have told them that any deviation without prior notice will result in a late OR early fee of $5.00 every ten minutes. I give one warning, and then inform them the fee will begin the next time. I am flexible if they are respectful of my time, but I don't give many chances. I never unlock my door before my scheduled opening time.

I think if you are clear and give them a friendly, don't mess with me or my program attitude, they will understand you are serious. The more clear you can be with your rules and policies, the better.
Reply Up