Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Excited About Remodeling My Daycare!:)
permanentvacation 08:20 AM 04-02-2012
I am SO EXCITED about remodeling my daycare!! I am SLOWLY remodeling my daycare, but I am SO EXCITED about it! I really don't have much money, so this is going to be a process. But I have started! The first thing I did was basically kick myself and my family out of our main floor of the house and devoted the entire main floor to daycare. My living room is now an infants and toddlers room, my dining room is now the preschool room and my weird wide hallway that is between the living room and dining room (hard to describe - just a weird way they made the house) is now my office.

I started painting my entire main floor a light yellow. I just ordered my new preschool table from Lakeshore Learning. It will be here in 7 - 10 days. And after work - or if my assistant can come in to work today, during work, I am going to Lakeshore Learning to pick up my new preschool chairs. I think they have the color teal chairs in stock. I am SOOOO EXCITED!!! I have been wanting to remodel for YEARS!!! But have been financially unable to do so! I just decided to start remodeling piece by piece as I have a little money to put towards it. I also want new toy storage shelving and of course more educational toys, teaching supplies, and toys.

Here are some pictures of the painting and table I'm getting. If they work. I've never posted pictures on here!
Attached: dg583_tn[1].jpg (11.0 KB) 0330120932a.jpg (62.4 KB) 0324121731.jpg (24.2 KB) 0330121214.jpg (57.4 KB) 
SunnyDay 08:39 AM 04-02-2012
I love yellow! And I am jealous that you have a Lakeshore Learning that you can shop at, although maybe that would be a bad thing for me, there are so many things that I want in their catalog!
countrymom 08:40 AM 04-02-2012
I love the yellow wall, that is the color I'm painting my odd room (she's 14 and she agreed) I think sometimes we end up in such a funk that we forget just by adding some color to a wall brightens everyones mood.
Mary Poppins 08:57 AM 04-02-2012
So fun!! We've been working on ours too and it looks totally different than it did just a few short months ago.

I love the yellow, it's what I used in our arts/crafts room.
permanentvacation 02:29 PM 04-02-2012
I wasn't sure about the yellow at first. I went through all the color squares at the store and eliminated the ones that I didn't like and ended up with yellow. It does brighten up the rooms and makes it more cheery in here.

Yeah, I LOVE having Lakeshore Learning here. It's only about 20 minutes away from me!! The really cool part is that the furniture at the store is marked down!! They have either furniture that is going to be discontinued and have no flaws in them - like the chairs I just got or furniture with some damage - I mean just a little mark, scratch, or tiny dent. Not trashed, just a slight imperfection and the furniture is marked down up to 75% off!! My chairs were 1/2 price just because they are discontinued!!! There's not a mark on them!!!

I just went and picked up my chairs! They are a teal color. They go with the yellow walls really well. I got 6 for the preschool room and 4 for the infants/toddlers room. Now I really can't wait for the preschool table to be delivered!! I'm hoping to have enough money in a few weeks to get a toddler table to match the preschool table.
Attached: 0402121639.jpg (80.4 KB) 
Mary Poppins 02:34 PM 04-02-2012
Originally Posted by permanentvacation:

I just went and picked up my chairs! They are a teal color. They go with the yellow walls really well. I got 6 for the preschool room and 4 for the infants/toddlers room. Now I really can't wait for the preschool table to be delivered!! I'm hoping to have enough money in a few weeks to get a toddler table to match the preschool table.
NICE!!!

I love the soothing color combo! Great choice!
permanentvacation 02:44 PM 04-02-2012
Thank you, Mary Poppins!
Tags:remodel
Reply Up