Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New to forum - looking for help with ground cover choices
Maribear 02:04 PM 08-09-2012
HI Everyone,

I am new to the site but am very excited to find it...I have been in the field for 27 years and am currently an in-home Childcare provider in California. I have children in the age range of 1 year to 4 years of age. I am trying to figure out the best type of ground cover to use for a small play structure, with 2 swings and a slide. Would appreciate any ideas. Thank You.
Blackcat31 02:05 PM 08-09-2012
Welcome to the forum!

Your status has been upgraded so you can post freely now.
Maribear 02:09 PM 08-09-2012
Thank you.
Blackcat31 02:18 PM 08-09-2012
Here are a few threads about ground cover. Maybe one of them contains the info you are looking for or will have ideas for you.

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...round+surfaces
Nickel 02:29 PM 08-09-2012
I know a lof of people use mulch or wood chips. I personally hate them. They are at every park in our area and when my daughter started walking she had such a hard time walking on them. Add to that, every time she fell she was covered in splinters. I hate hate hate wood chips. Oh, and we have scorpians here so they can hide bugs. Yuck

I know people use pea gravel. I'd much rather that, although I don't have it. I currently just use mats under my stuff but I'm sure that isn't the right thing to use. But my slide is just a itty bitty one. Would love to hear a clean, safe thing to use. I always wanted to get those springy mat things they have at some parks. Not sure how much they cost or where to get it.
Maribear 09:09 PM 08-10-2012
Thank you, I think I am leaning towards rubber Bark, Costco has it at a great price right now...thank you.
Tags:playground surfaces
Reply Up