Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Back from vacation (vent)
busymommy0420 10:23 AM 07-23-2012
My family and I had the most wonderful vacation in Myrtle Beach. I closed my daycare for two weeks in a row and re-opened today. DCG age 3 came today in panties...no diaper. DCM said she has been doing great at home. I have seen no interest whatsoever from this child but I said fine and let her come in with no diaper. I sat her on potty after breakfast and nada. I asked her 5 times after that and she said no, she did not have to go. She peed all over the floor, rug and her clothes. I cleaned her up and put a diaper on her and one of my daughter's outfits since there was not a change of clothes sent. I texted her Mom and said I can't have her in underwear until she is ready and accident free. I don't want DCM thinking I don't want to help potty train but I can't clean up those messes...it is GROSS!!! The same DGG had a random bloody nose at lunch. DCM did not respond to that text. Can I go back on vacation????? It was so NICE having my children only to care for.
crazydaycarelady 10:52 AM 07-23-2012
If you continue to help potty train her I would put her on the potty whether she says she has to go our not.
DaisyMamma 10:55 AM 07-23-2012
No fun!
I'm glad you had a good vacation though

Some kids will be perfectly trained at home and anywhere outside the house is a no go. She needs to have pullups and extra clothes at daycare, and still put her on the potty every half hour even if she doesn't have to go. I'm sure it's exactly what you want to deal with after vacation!
busymommy0420 10:55 AM 07-23-2012
Will do...DCM told me she was doing it all on her own. I should have known lol.
nanglgrl 11:02 AM 07-23-2012
I would never put a child on the potty every half hour (or every hour for that matter) if you need to do that then they are not ready to be trained and if her mom does it at home then mom is the one who's trained not the child. If I held an 8 month old over the potty every 1/2 hour chances are the child would pee or poop in the potty a lot and have very few accidents...I don't think anyone would argue that the 8 month old was potty trained though.
Truly Scrumptious 11:22 AM 07-23-2012
My parents have to sign a potty training agreement before potty training can begin. It includes a potty training readiness check list. If the majority of the statements can't be checked off, then potty training will not start.

You can google "potty training readiness checklist" to get a list of the readiness signs.

If they bring their child in wearing underwear.... I just go and get the agreement and the parent has to sit down right that second and read over it and sign it, but I go over it as well...so if my checklist doesn't match up to their checklist...it's a no go at day care. Now, they can do what they want at home, but I've got 6 other children to care for during the day and I don't have time to clean and sanitize the floors and furniture because a child was not ready afterall.

I do have a little dcboy that will be 3 in September and I actually told his mom that I thought he was ready, so we've been working together. He's got it down pat here at day care, but at home he is not doing well. So it can go both ways.
Reply Up