Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CL Ad
sharlan 09:07 AM 11-02-2011
Free Childcare in Loving, Licensed Home

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-10-31, 2:41PM PDT
Reply to: @craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Family Discounts

College Graduate Provider

Low Rates

Government Programs Accepted

Free Week of Care After, 2 Weeks of Paid Childcare

Healthy Meals and Snacks Served

Open 6am-6pm, earlier hours available

Monthly/Yearly Tax Reports Provided
Cat Herder 09:10 AM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:

Not to taxpayers.

Yep, makes my blood pressure go up when they advertise it as "FREE"......there IS a cost. NOTHING in life is free.
Solandia 10:48 AM 11-02-2011
IF I were to take subsidy, I would specifically cater to those on subsidy, and not anyone else. It is the only way to really make a profit off the pain-in-the-rump factor of it all.

1. My rate is $150, subsidy pays for $125, the parents have to fund the difference. That is a lot considering....the state pays $175+/wk to a center, and centers here do not charge the difference. This is the main reason why those on subsidy do NOT use home daycares in my area...it is too expensive for the parent when they can get free from a center.

2. the centers cover the difference with grants, food program reinbursements, etc...The same thing is available to home providers (talking $10-15K+ grants)....but you have to maintain a certain % of low-income children in your program. Impossible, unless you cater only to clients using subsidy...

Honestly, I would LOVE to be able to offer a quality home daycare to low-income kids in this manner...I mean KinderCare is the biggest provider to subsidy kids...they always make room for subsidy kids in my area. I HATE kindercare, it is loud, obnoxious, smells funny...just too much stuff going on...it would be nice to have a alternative for those kids that can't handle the busy-ness of it all, ya know?
wdmmom 10:54 AM 11-02-2011

Family Discounts

College Graduate Provider

Low Rates

Healthy Meals and Snacks Served

Open 6am-6pm, earlier hours available

Monthly/Yearly Tax Reports Provided
Sounds like a newbie that doesn't have a clue! No way in God's Green Earth would a normal daycare provider work 12 hour days, take subsidy, offer anything for free, ect. There wouldn't be any income to claim!!!!
sharlan 12:18 PM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
Sounds like a newbie that doesn't have a clue! No way in God's Green Earth would a normal daycare provider work 12 hour days, take subsidy, offer anything for free, ect. There wouldn't be any income to claim!!!!
Not a newbie.

Everyone is so desperate in this area for kids. None of the other providers that I have spoken to are at capacity and haven't been for a long time. I found an ad a few weeks ago for $1.75 an hour.
satcook 07:57 AM 11-03-2011

I think the title is just an attention getter. She is referring to the free week after 2 weeks paid childcare. She just wants people to click on her ad!

Lori
Tags:craigs list
Reply Up