Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Twin/Sibling Rate
Kym2098 12:27 PM 07-27-2012
Hi,
I know some of you offer a discount for siblings.. Last night I got a message from Craigslist of an interested client with twin 3yo boys, I informed her my usual rate was $45 a day (I live in northern nj) but I would offer a $10 discount on 2nd child. She needed full time care 7-4

She said it was too much... What are your opinions on my rate? What is fair?

Thanks!
cheerfuldom 12:31 PM 07-27-2012
$10 off the rate for a second child is what I normally see here too, but the daily rates are $30 or less. I dont offer any sibling rate normally but I guess it depends on how much you want these kids. $15 a week would seem the top I would be willing to do. You could also reply back with asking what her budget is.....more than likely, she is wanting A LOT cheaper anyway.
DaisyMamma 12:35 PM 07-27-2012
I agree that it depends how much you want them. Many places don't offer a sibling discount at all. The second child still takes up a second spot that you can fill at reg. rate.
What does she want to pay?
What are others charging in your area?
momma2girls 12:39 PM 07-27-2012
I still give a sibling rate, but hardly anyone else does where I live. I give a $10.00 a week discount.
mema 12:46 PM 07-27-2012
I have a set of twins and will have a set of sibs come Oct. I don't offer a discount. A spot is a spot and when they leave you have 2 spots to fill instead of 1. I have 2 children and didn't get a discount when they went to care. I don't get a discount when we eat out or go to the movies either. I think $10 is more than fair. Children are not cheap and neither is care, but that's life. Unless you absolutely need them, I wouldn't go any lower. You may end up resenting it later that you are putting in the same effort for everyone, but making less on them.
MyAngels 04:01 PM 07-27-2012
I agree with Mema on this one. I tend to have lots of sibling groups here because I provide a great service and my families want to bring all of their kids here. If I gave a sibling discount I'd be out a lot of money per year, year after year.

I stopped offering a sibling discount when I multiplied out the discount over the course of the 5 years that I normally have kids in care and realized just how much money I was losing by offering it.
Tags:sibling discount, sibling rates, twins
Reply Up