Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Illnesses and Allergic Reactions - When Should They Be Allowed to Return
MrsCoffee 06:55 AM 06-24-2010
Monday 10 month Dcb left with a high fever, Hand foot and mouth - out for the whole week!

Tuesday 5 month Dcb coughing but no fever went home - Bronchitis- out Wednesday

Tuesday 2 year Dcb went for walk got mosquito bites - swelled up during nap - out Wed for allergic reaction had to get shots Dr said the child will have to take meds everyday one hour before he goes out to play and bug spray then a special cream.

*I was not told this child is allergic to mosquitoes, I was not given bug spray. I took 6 children to the park and he was the only one with this reaction.

So yesterday I had only one 9 year Dcg and she didn't come until 115 and left by 430.

So my 5 month Dcb has to sleep up right and still isn't feeling that well. But he doesn't have any more sick days and I really thought he would feel better but he doesn't. He has cried all morning poor little guy.

2 year Dcb returned today with one eye swollen shut, and mom for good reason asked him to be kept inside and has three meds that I must give him.

Should I take in children that aren't well enough to participate in all the daycare activities if they aren't contagious? It doesn't seem fair to keep in all the others for two sick children. Today is ok because I don't have 9 year Dcg or 10 month Dcb and my children are allowed out in the back to play.

Just wanted to see how you all do it
Janet 07:17 AM 06-24-2010
I think that it is fair to exclude children from care if they are too ill to participate in daycare activities. It's not fair to the healthy kids.
Tags:allergies, return from illness
Reply Up