Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Internation Preschool Curriculum?
LovetheSun 01:35 PM 06-16-2016
Hello!

I just read about the "International Preschool Curriculum" on one of the replies from a post. And I am super curious about this program!

We currently use MotherGooseTime which is great but I have ups&downs with it.

Would you use kindly share your thoughts on this curriculum?

Thank you
CityGarden 07:43 AM 06-17-2016
I had never heard of International Preschool Curriculum however looking at their site I was not inspired or impressed. It is nice that they use actual photo sometime instead of cartoon like images but that is only sometimes from what I saw. Interested to see what others add who have used it.

What items with MGT do you feel are it's ups and downs? Maybe having an idea of that we would better add some suggestions.

Also as parent googling MGT vs International Preschool Curriculum one stands out more than the other and feels warmer - not saying it is better but something to think about if you have hands on parents like I do!
Luke25 07:16 PM 06-17-2016
I was just looking at the curriculum and was wondering... Is it really worth it to purchase a curriculum vs just coming up with activities from pintrest and such on your own?
racemom 08:24 PM 06-17-2016
On the curriculum page, josiegirl suggested looking at www.preschool-plan-it.com. it is a free site, and looking at it I like it! I will adapt it for my age group, but I signed up (for Free) and think it looks like a great resource. Usually I just google what I am looking for, or look at www.dltk-kids.com for ideas.
Luke25 08:28 PM 06-17-2016
Originally Posted by racemom:
On the curriculum page, josiegirl suggested looking at www.preschool-plan-it.com. it is a free site, and looking at it I like it! I will adapt it for my age group, but I signed up (for Free) and think it looks like a great resource. Usually I just google what I am looking for, or look at www.dltk-kids.com for ideas.
Awesome!! Thanks!
NillaWafers 02:31 PM 06-18-2016
I have a Pinterest I use specifically for daycare. I organize it by theme (helpers0, Valentine's Day, ect) and I pin all the activities I can find into each board. Some boards are super full some are not. I try to do a theme a week but sometimes it doesn't happen. Each day I aim todo at least one activity but they are almost always hands on or sensory play activities - I am not a fan of worksheets. You can look at the boards - www.pinterest.com/lilsprouts123
Josiegirl 03:05 AM 06-19-2016
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
I have a Pinterest I use specifically for daycare. I organize it by theme (helpers0, Valentine's Day, ect) and I pin all the activities I can find into each board. Some boards are super full some are not. I try to do a theme a week but sometimes it doesn't happen. Each day I aim todo at least one activity but they are almost always hands on or sensory play activities - I am not a fan of worksheets. You can look at the boards - www.pinterest.com/lilsprouts123
Thanks for sharing!! Especially love your outdoor play yard board
Luke25 11:56 AM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
Awesome!! Thanks for sharing!!
Tags:preschool curriculum
Reply Up