Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>An Open Thank You Letter To Michael.....
Former Teacher 04:45 PM 11-29-2010
Dear Michael-

I just wanted to say thank you for letting us use your site to foster our friendships.

What I mean (and it IS late but I have thought about writing this all day long ) is that you allow us to write about other things besides daycare, children, parents, etc. You allow us to come here and talk about everyday lives. I really appreciate it.

I speak only for myself but I feel like I have come to know my fellow forum members. I think of something offline (not dc related) and I think...hmm I wonder what so and so would say to that! Or I would be like..hmm I can't wait to ask for their opinion!

I know this is a site about children and such. I also know if I wanted advice I would go to a Dr. Phil site or a Dear Abby site. I am just thankful that you , Michael, allow us to speak to each other in an off topic way. Sometimes we often turn to people who are our friends without faces. I thank you for allowing this to happen.

I also thank you for everything else you do!
laundrymom 04:51 PM 11-29-2010
Where is that like button?
Michael 05:42 PM 11-29-2010
You're welcome. I appreciate your thoughts. The internet has allowed people from around the world to know each other. In a small town you may only find several others that have a hobby or something personally similar but on the internet you could find millions of likeminded friends. It is history in the making and we will change as a species because of it. I have always wondered what would become of this "web" back in 1994. It has surpassed all of my expectations. Now watch what happens the next 15 years. Since this is off topic I will again post a link about what I do and why.

http://www.dnjournal.com/cover/2006/december.htm
MyAngels 07:48 PM 11-29-2010
It's interesting to read about what's behind a lot of websites. I have noticed a couple of times that you post at all hours of the day and night, now I know why .
Michael 12:44 AM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
It's interesting to read about what's behind a lot of websites. I have noticed a couple of times that you post at all hours of the day and night, now I know why .
Yes even when I traveled to Valencia, Spain to speak a couple months ago I took the time to check in to the forum every day. Between living as an artist for many years and now working in a global market there is not too much regular sleep time in my life. I take lots of vitamins.
momofsix 10:27 AM 11-30-2010
Yes, thank you Michael. LOVE the guitar pic!
Tags:daycare.com
Reply Up