Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Contacting After Interview?
TwinKristi 02:04 PM 12-03-2013
So in the last 2 weeks I have had 2 interviews with 2 families about infant care in late Jan early Feb. Both came by and then returned within a few days one with their dh and one with their preschool aged son who would be attending occasionally as well. I haven't heard back from either, one will be a week tomorrow and two weeks on Wednesday. I got a call today and have another interview for another infant starting in early March.
How do I politely email both families who have interviewed to touch bases on the process and that I'm currently interviewing another family for the same spot so now 3 families for 2 spots. I don't want to be pushy or rude, but also don't want to just go on like normal and have them both call me next month wanting care and I've already contracted with someone else. I know that's just how the cookie crumbles but I'm also hoping for some pressure on making a decision (if I am one of their top considerations) would happen as well.
Blackcat31 02:11 PM 12-03-2013
How about something like

Dear Family

I appreciate your interest in my program and would love to have your family join our group. However, I do have several families interested in the same spot and will be needing to make a final decision by xxx 2013.

If you are interested in securing space in my program, please note that space is guaranteed by payment only. If you should wish to secure your space, please contact me by Friday, December 6, 2013.

Thank you

Child Care Provider

It definitely lets them know you have other interested parties and lets them know that they need to have some action in this or the opportunity will not be there.

If infant care is tough to find in your area, then requiring a deposit would probably be a great idea.

HTH
TwinKristi 02:16 PM 12-03-2013
Yes I would require a deposit of 2wks to hold the spots since it's so far away and infant spots are harder to find here due to being limited to 2/8. Thanks for the letter, I'm definitely sending something over tonight. I know 2 babies aren't even born, but one is and she would be needing care in late Jan so she should make a choice soon.
TwinKristi 07:54 PM 12-03-2013
Sent the emails!! We'll see what they say!
SSWonders 07:47 AM 12-04-2013
I wouldn't contact either of them. When I interview I let the parents know that the space is open and I will continue interviewing until the deposit is paid. I've recently had a similar situation. I had two infant interviews several weeks apart. The second family that interviewed got back to me within a week and were willing to give me the deposit. I accepted them into care. The way I look at is A) I have to chase children and remind them about things all day long. Adults should be able to take care of themselves. B) If they were that interested in the spot they would contact me sooner rather than later.
butterfly 08:36 AM 12-04-2013
Originally Posted by SSWonders:
I wouldn't contact either of them. When I interview I let the parents know that the space is open and I will continue interviewing until the deposit is paid. I've recently had a similar situation. I had two infant interviews several weeks apart. The second family that interviewed got back to me within a week and were willing to give me the deposit. I accepted them into care. The way I look at is A) I have to chase children and remind them about things all day long. Adults should be able to take care of themselves. B) If they were that interested in the spot they would contact me sooner rather than later.

If they haven't already contacted you, I'd assume they weren't interested.
TwinKristi 03:14 PM 12-04-2013
Yeah the only reason I even really cared to know is because it's so far in advance and 1 was a less desirable choice than the other and this one Friday is only 3 days a week and the others were 4 or 5. Also, all are at least 6-8wks away so I didn't want to take a less desirable choice (that's 3+ Mos away) and then hear back from both or something. It was just a shot in the dark, both replied that they chose someone else. Blah! Should have known!
renodeb 03:33 PM 12-04-2013
I usually dont contact people after the interview. If they dont get back to me within the week I assume there not interested. An opening is an opwning until the deposit is paid! Knowone should have to chase down a prospective client!
Deb
Tags:interview, interview - follow up
Reply Up