Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Unattended Kids In Hot Daycare Attic
BumbleBee 04:42 PM 07-21-2012
http://topstories.foxnews.mobi/quick...91.proteus.fma

Some more information from another news station

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headli...device=android
familyschoolcare 04:51 PM 07-21-2012
So where all the children in the attic? Where they trying to hide them?
Hunni Bee 04:55 PM 07-21-2012

What is WRONG with people?

Everybody says that the gov't interferes too much and how they don't like licensing officials crawling through their daycares all the time, but this is the reason that it needs to happen.

Thank God they arrived when they did.
BumbleBee 08:34 PM 07-21-2012
Originally Posted by familyschoolcare:
So where all the children in the attic? Where they trying to hide them?
I have no idea what possessed a provider to put kids in the attic. Hiding them, punishing them?
Candyland 08:39 PM 07-21-2012
I'd like to know the update on the story...was this a one-time incident? Or was this something the owner did on a daily basis and how didn't the parents know?
I think it's horrible and am so glad the police came when they did...wonder who tipped them off?
Michelle 08:29 AM 07-22-2012
Originally Posted by Candyland:
I'd like to know the update on the story...was this a one-time incident? Or was this something the owner did on a daily basis and how didn't the parents know?
I think it's horrible and am so glad the police came when they did...wonder who tipped them off?
this is horrible! she probably did this all the time since they found baby beds up there!
she probably cleaned them up and let them downstairs right before the parents came to get them.
This is why it's so important for parents to do surprise visits in the middle of the day!
so sad!
sharlan 08:37 AM 07-22-2012
Originally Posted by Michelle:
this is horrible! she probably did this all the time since they found baby beds up there!
she probably cleaned them up and let them downstairs right before the parents came to get them.
This is why it's so important for parents to do surprise visits in the middle of the day!
so sad!
I agree, it is a parents responsibility to know what is going on in their child's daycare.

I know when my kids were in daycare, I never thought to ask the simplest of questions, like where do you eat, where do you sleep, what did you eat today, where did you play. Their answers would have been - in the back yard, never in the house regardless of the weather, in the garage playroom on the dirty floor, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and iced tea, locked out front all day.
BumbleBee 08:44 AM 07-22-2012
I agree. Suprise visits! Even if you don't think something is going on. I encourage parents to drop by unannounced-whether they are picking up early or just stopping by. Yes, it can be disruptive BUT I would rather a parent stop by and see that everything is fine than have them feel that they cannot come by without notice.
daycarediva 11:51 AM 07-22-2012
I'd love to get my hands on that woman! Those poor kids!
dave4him 03:51 PM 07-22-2012
someone needs to put those owners up in the attic a while
Hunni Bee 05:28 PM 07-22-2012
Originally Posted by Michelle:
so sad!
where did you find a longer version of the story at? the link above was just kind of a summary.
makap 06:02 PM 07-22-2012
"Longer version" http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/C...163232476.html

This is just so sick! Poor poor babies. How could parents not know???
SilverSabre25 06:18 PM 07-22-2012
Just...unspeakable. I wonder...I hope? if they were just shoved up there during the 15 minutes that it took that 16 yo to answer the door. And where were his parents? And...just...yikes.

Sharlan, as usual, I still have to say that my heart goes out to you and your kids for the situation that they were in
Hunni Bee 06:32 PM 07-22-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Just...unspeakable. I wonder...I hope? if they were just shoved up there during the 15 minutes that it took that 16 yo to answer the door. And where were his parents? And...just...yikes.
I think so, Silver. Because of the way the officer said the cribs were jammed up against the door to the attic in a way that would prevent someone from getting to it.

...or the cribs were regularly placed there to keep the children from getting out
crazydaycarelady 07:41 AM 07-23-2012
It doesn't say there were cribs in the attic, but haphazardly blocking the attic entrance. I bet she put the kids up there when she heard knocking at the door!
Tags:abuse, neglect
Reply Up