Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DH is Not Impressed With You All
countrymom 07:28 PM 07-13-2012
I now have no ceiling and no wall in the daycare room. You told me to fix the room and now i'm fixining it lol!!
BumbleBee 09:39 PM 07-13-2012
Lol. Let him know that we could've told you to do MUCH worse!
countrymom 05:05 AM 07-14-2012
I couldn't rip the drywall off of the other 2 walls. But it all started with the ceiling. I couldn't scrap the popcorn stucco off, and the area's I did, I noticed that the ceiling was in peices, and dh would never ever redo that. so off that came. then I complained that the drywall had this lump (which I thought was a concrete block pushing it out) so I can never hang a curtain rod up right, all I did was ask for a small section taken out, he took the whole wall down. We found that some of the wood is free floating, some of it doesn't have insulation (hmm that explains the cold breeze) and we did find a tiny bit of mold (its not enough to worry to much about) but we think the mold is from, the leak the roof had, which leaked in ds's room and down to the daycare room. We already redid ds's room down to the studs and now its this room. I've never done so much reno. like have this year.
Childminder 08:18 AM 07-14-2012
Yeppers, it starts with one thing, one idea, and is contagious moving through out the house. Pretty soon the house is in complete upheaval cause you might as well do the next wall, floor, room too - it will look so bad if you don't!
Springdaze 03:08 PM 07-15-2012
Im with ya!
I have had the same paint for 8 years and wanted to change it. I started priming and he said no no no and now everything is piled in the bathroom and outside and he has spackled everything and now we are going to paint (sun evening at 6pm!)

Kinda relevant, but I said on FB that we are reduing the school someone said about finishing before tomorrow. I said we might have to have an outside camp day tomorrow and the ONE parent that I have who is also the wife of dh's best friend from HS made a comment about how they will either die of heat exhaustion or paint fumes "that will be a win-win!" ewww....;because its either that or i take a week off!
countrymom 05:42 PM 07-15-2012
well dh got called on a service call to pennsilvyna so he won't be home till tommorrow, figures. But at least I have the walls up, but no ceiling and we can still use the room even thou nothing is in it. Nobody better complain because they can all take the day off when they want but its harder for me to do it, so I work when I can.
Tags:husband, remodel
Reply Up