Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCP Overshares About Another DCP
Lyss 10:19 PM 04-10-2013
So I have a DCP that is a manager at a local jewelry store. Today he dropped off last so all the other DCKs were here and one DCG(4) said "I saw you at work remember?" DCD acknowledged her (she ran off) and then proceeded to tell me how a nice couple had come in to get an engagement ring resized as the had just got engaged and it turned out to be DCG's dad and GF!!! I'm so excited for them as the are a great and sweet couple, GF is great with DCG and really cares about her.

Anyway I don't remember GF wearing a ring this morning and I asked DCG what they were doing when they saw the other DCD (I really tried not to probe ) and she said "GF got a special prize for being so nice, a very pretty ring." She also said they were having a "special" dinner with family members tonight so I wondered if that would be "announcement" time. I bit my tongue when DCD picked up, mainly DCG had a meltdown the second he walked in because he was early and she wasn't ready to leave, but also because I'm wondering if it's not DCD's place to tell me and not mine to speak up.

So would you say something or just wait? I really don't want to overstep but I'm so happy for them
rmc20021 04:33 AM 04-11-2013
Oh...no, no, no. Wait till dcd (or gf) says something. Maybe then tell him you had already heard in a jokingly way, or just act dumb when they tell you.
Meeko 04:49 AM 04-11-2013
This is an exciting, special announcement for people to make and it takes something away from the moment to have people say "I already knew".

I would just bite my tongue and act completely surprised and thrilled when they tell you. Seeing people's reaction is one of the fun parts for a couple. Don't take that from them!
MyAngels 05:29 AM 04-11-2013
Definitely don't say anything .
Play Care 05:32 AM 04-11-2013
Originally Posted by Meeko:
This is an exciting, special announcement for people to make and it takes something away from the moment to have people say "I already knew".

I would just bite my tongue and act completely surprised and thrilled when they tell you. Seeing people's reaction is one of the fun parts for a couple. Don't take that from them!

To be honest, I was really surprised that the other DCP said anything to you - I get it's exciting and everyone seems to like this couple, but I would think in his line of business a little discretion can go a long way. "Hey, I saw your husband in the jewelry store buying you a ring!" "I didn't get a ring."
Lyss 07:30 AM 04-11-2013
Originally Posted by Meeko:

This is why I felt so much hesitation about saying anything, I didn't want to ruin any announcement for them!

I don't plan to say anything! Thanks ladies!

Originally Posted by Play Care:

To be honest, I was really surprised that the other DCP said anything to you - I get it's exciting and everyone seems to like this couple, but I would think in his line of business a little discretion can go a long way. "Hey, I saw your husband in the jewelry store buying you a ring!" "I didn't get a ring."
That would be bad! In this case it was all three of them at the store (DCD, GF, & DCG) but I can totally see that happening in some cases! I think he just assumed DCG (or DCPs) had already told me
AmyKidsCo 08:34 AM 04-11-2013
I wouldn't say anything. In our jobs we hear lots of things we maybe shouldn't - usually it's better to just let them go in one ear and out the other. Obviously I'm not talking about possible abuse or unsafe situations, but other things...
Reply Up