Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Your Creativity!
kpa0627 02:55 PM 04-17-2010
Ok, so I am going to be doing my playroom as a garden theme. I thought about purchasing one of those raised garden beds (I found at Kmart for $50). I thought I would paint it white and stencil some flowers and stencil something like "Our Garden Book Nook" on it. Does anyone have any other cute ideas of what I could call it. I also want to know what I should put in it to make it a soft place for the kids to lay in and look at books. ANy ideas on how to make this work, how to decorate it, etc.
Thanks
MarinaVanessa 08:25 AM 04-19-2010
Originally Posted by kpa0627:
Ok, so I am going to be doing my playroom as a garden theme. I thought about purchasing one of those raised garden beds (I found at Kmart for $50). I thought I would paint it white and stencil some flowers and stencil something like "Our Garden Book Nook" on it. Does anyone have any other cute ideas of what I could call it. I also want to know what I should put in it to make it a soft place for the kids to lay in and look at books. ANy ideas on how to make this work, how to decorate it, etc.
Thanks
As far as padding I would use something that could be sprayed and wiped clean easily so if you could find a mat to fit inside that would be great. If not and you're handy with a sewing machine or know someone who is you can have one made. You can put small multi-colored pillows in there so they can get comfy too. Whatever you use keep in mind that using something that can be wiped clean regularly or pillows and such that have covers that can be slipped off and thrown in the washing machine are a great choice. Small pillows can be thrown in without having to remove the case.

You had mentioned painting flowers on it, a cute idea could be having the DC kids put handprints all along the sides in a row to look like flowers and just add flower stems and leaves. You can paint green along the bottom as grass.
Tags:garden theme, padding, playroom, themes
Reply Up