Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Newsletter Note About Food, Sound Ok?
daysofelijah 10:45 AM 01-14-2011
Food from home:
Please remember I am on the food program and cannot serve alternate meals to children without a doctor's note. We eat often throughout the day and I serve a variety of foods so no one should go hungry. If you want to send a treat for everyone to share that is fine. I’m sure it’s hard to get everyone going in the morning so if they want to eat a treat on the way and save it in their bags until after daycare that is great too.
momofsix 12:03 PM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by daysofelijah:
Food from home:
Please remember I am on the food program and cannot serve alternate meals to children without a doctor's note. We eat often throughout the day and I serve a variety of foods so no one should go hungry. If you want to send a treat for everyone to share that is fine. I’m sure it’s hard to get everyone going in the morning so if they want to eat a treat on the way and save it in their bags until after daycare that is great too.
The letter sounds fine. You might want to be more specific about the treats they bring in to share, do you want cupcakes, brownies...or healthy foods?
The bold part- is there a reason you put that in? Are you saying you're willing to keep a half-eaten whatever type of food in their backpack all day? I would probably leave that out, unless you're trying to address a problem you've been having
Cat Herder 12:14 PM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by momofsix:
The letter sounds fine. You might want to be more specific about the treats they bring in to share, do you want cupcakes, brownies...or healthy foods?
The bold part- is there a reason you put that in? Are you saying you're willing to keep a half-eaten whatever type of food in their backpack all day? I would probably leave that out, unless you're trying to address a problem you've been having
What she said and I would change "No child should go hungry" to "No child will go hungry"
daysofelijah 12:53 PM 01-14-2011
Thank for the ideas. I will change those. I just have a problem with one family that keeps showing up with pop-tarts or baggies of sugary cereal. For one, I don't want them tanked up on sugar. I think it's causing behavior problems. For another, I don't think it's fair to the other kids that are already there to have to watch them eat their pop-tarts or sugar cereal.
SandeeAR 12:58 PM 01-14-2011
Why not keep it simple......

I am on the food program. In order to stay within my licensing requirements, Your child's food needs are met here daily. NO OUTSIDE FOODS WILL BE PERMITED. This is effective IMMEDIATELY.
Cat Herder 01:16 PM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
Why not keep it simple......

I am on the food program. In order to stay within my licensing requirements, Your child's food needs are met here daily. NO OUTSIDE FOODS WILL BE PERMITED. This is effective IMMEDIATELY.
I fully agree.. You could also casually mention that pop-tarts are considered cookies and can only be served with fresh fruit as an afternoon snack.
Tags:food program, newsletter
Reply Up