Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advice Needed From Texas Providers...
SunflowerMama 07:07 PM 03-15-2010
So I have my initial registration inspection scheduled for this Thursday at 2:30p. In my class I asked the instructors and they said I could watch no more than 2 kids prior to getting registered. When I spoke to the registering agent she told me I shouldn't be watching any before I get my permit.

The problem is I have 2 FT right now that will be here on Thursday. What should I do?? When I spoke to her today she said I had been misinformed about watching 2 unrelated kids before registration but I didn't mention I had any kids currently. So I don't know what to do.

- Call and tell her I'm watching 2 and take the consequences (but I just don't want her to have a bad impression of me).

- Tell the parents the State is coming to inspect and I can't have children when she is here and I can watch the kids to 2pm that day.

-Tell her some friends asked me last minute to watch their kiddos b/c of Spring Break conflicts.

Or something other option I haven't thought of.

Any advice, thoughts??
jen 07:28 PM 03-15-2010
I would just close that day...
Former Teacher 07:31 PM 03-15-2010
hmmm I don't know much about home centers but I am pretty sure you are not allowed to do any childcare until you are registered.

That being said, I wouldn't lie to your rep. Like you said you don't want to give a bad impression. Even though I have NO respect whatsoever for TX licensing, I do know that they will find ways to try and trip you up.

IMO your best bet is either a: tell the truth or b: tell the parents you are sorry but you must close at 12:30 for the day (personal reasons). I wouldn't close right as the rep comes in. They have been known to come early even on announced visits.
Persephone 05:08 AM 03-16-2010
That's a hard one. I'd talk to the parents and have them pick up early.

I know here in Indiana you can watch up to 5 unrelated children with out a license.
SunflowerMama 05:17 AM 03-16-2010
Thanks everyone for the advice!!

I have notified my parents that I have my initial inspection and would need them to pickup by noon. They were both very understanding.
Former Teacher 04:04 PM 03-16-2010
Originally Posted by twinmama:
Thanks everyone for the advice!!

I have notified my parents that I have my initial inspection and would need them to pickup by noon. They were both very understanding.
Good call!
Tags:registration inspection, texas
Reply Up