Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Frustrated, Payflex Question
daycare 06:24 AM 02-25-2015
I have a client that has decided that they want to use paflex. However, they are not using it properly. The DCD is submitting invoices for services that have not yet been rendered.

I read all the rules on paflex it clearly states that the employee is to submit a receipt for reimbursement for services already received.

The company is then cutting me the check directly. I've brought this up to the family but they didn't say anything and don't plan to follow the rules.

I want to know if this is legal and is there any thing that I should know. I don't want to get into trouble for anything.
LysesKids 11:51 AM 02-25-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
I have a client that has decided that they want to use paflex. However, they are not using it properly. The DCD is submitting invoices for services that have not yet been rendered.

I read all the rules on paflex it clearly states that the employee is to submit a receipt for reimbursement for services already received.

The company is then cutting me the check directly. I've brought this up to the family but they didn't say anything and don't plan to follow the rules.

I want to know if this is legal and is there any thing that I should know. I don't want to get into trouble for anything.
Explain you are a legal business and they are risking you losing your license and credibility because they don't want to play by the rules; they don't want to play nice and do things legally ( which they aren't) then terminate care... why risk losing everything over a parent that thinks they can do things their way? Your business, your rules
AuntTami 11:52 AM 02-25-2015

The way my pay flex works in how yours is supposed to. They pay then get reimbursed. I would tell them if they're not going to do it properly that you won't be able to accept that as payment. I wouldn't chance it but idk if they're doing it illegally.
TomCopeland 07:35 PM 02-26-2015

The only trouble you can get into is if the parent is somehow keeping some of the money they set aside in this account for child care. I don't know why the company is doing this. I'd contact the human resource person at the company and ask them to explain what they are doing. If you are not satisfied with their answer, tell the parent you won't accept the company's check as payment. That will get their attention.
daycare 07:58 PM 02-26-2015
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
The only trouble you can get into is if the parent is somehow keeping some of the money they set aside in this account for child care. I don't know why the company is doing this. I'd contact the human resource person at the company and ask them to explain what they are doing. If you are not satisfied with their answer, tell the parent you won't accept the company's check as payment. That will get their attention.
so basically this is what happened. I send out invoices to families on the 10th of each month for the following month, clients always pay in advance. The payments are always due on the last friday of each month.

The DCD submitted the invoice in FEB for March and I already go the check.

I am really upset that the DCD did this after I told him that it can't be done that way,. He responded with well HR paid it, so it's their mistake.

he wants to do it this way every month and I said I need to make sure that is legal and if not, I want no part in it....
Reply Up