Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Which Hours To Use For T/S??
lilcupcakes09 04:08 AM 02-02-2012
When calculating T/S, do I use the hours kids were actually in care for the year? Or total hours I was open, some mornings all the kids came later but I was still open and ready waiting for them?
If I must use the hours they were here, can I count the time I was open and waiting for them as preparation/cleaning?
TomCopeland 08:52 AM 02-02-2012
You can count the hours children were actually in your home and you can count hours you were doing business activities when children were not in your home. Keep careful attendance records to track the actual times children were in your home (not the hours you were open).

Keep at least 2 months of careful records showing the hours you spent on business activities when children were not present (cleaning, activity/meal preparation, record keeping, time on the Internet, talking to parents on the phone, etc.). Use the average for these two months for the rest of the year.

Join me on February 9th for my webinar "2011 Family Child Care Tax Update: How to Reduce Your Taxes". For details:http://events.r20.constantcontact.co...&llr=yatrx4cab
Reply Up