Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sort Of Off Topic
Unregistered 10:06 AM 12-31-2011
For those of you that have IPad2- What are your favorite apps? Both personal and ones that you use with your kiddo's
Unregistered 10:19 AM 01-03-2012
bumped-

Anyone?
Michael 03:54 PM 01-03-2012
Just got my wife one with G3. We have lots of iPhones but this is our first iPad. I am also interested in what evryone suggests. I am also looking for a Document app like Microsoft Word but it appears I can't get that for Apple.
MommieNana4 05:00 PM 01-03-2012
I have a few.
Countdown (going to Disney World in May)
Pack the Bag/Simply Pack (Lite)
World Clock
My Fitness Pal
The Weather Channel
SAT Question of the Day
WebMD
Solitaire
Memory Match
Pluto Piano
emosks 06:56 PM 01-03-2012
Me:
Cuptakes
My Fitness Pal
Pandora
Shazam
MSNBC
Mint
Living Social
Groupon
Walgreens
Instagram
Pinterest
Words with Friends
Bump
Google Earth (really super cool on our iPad2)
Around Me
Kindle
Newsstand

Kiddos:
Angry Birds
Peekaboo Barn
Peekaboo Forest
Peekaboo Wild
PBS KIDS
Touchy Books
DoodleBuddy
Crazy8 07:40 PM 01-03-2012
I just got the ipad 2 for xmas, but we have had iphones and ipod touches for a while...

games/kid stuff:
Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, Fruit Ninja, Tiny Towers, Hanging with Friends, Family Feud, doodle buddy, air penguin, all of the "talking" characters - favorite lately is a talking smurf. Have a bunch of mcgraw hill educational games on there and my 5 year old likes alphabet car a lot too. My older DS has every sports game imaginable, madden 11 then 12, fifa soccer 11 then 12, the list goes on and on.

Then I have all kinds of apps like amazon price checker, music apps like pandora, local radio stations, etc., a ton of disney apps from our trip last year, my period tracker (LOL), facebook, pinterest, my bank, etc. etc. And I also have the square device and the app in case parents need/want to pay by credit card!

There really is an app for almost everything, LOL!!!
safechner 07:45 PM 01-03-2012
My oldest daughter got her new ipad 2 for Christmas and I am new to this. I am amazing to see there are thousands of apps that we would like to use it. Only bad thing, that we need to pay for it if we want something from app stores.

My other daughter got her new ipod touch for christmas too and it is same things that she absolutely love it. I am working on to get a lot of apps for my daughter who has autism but it is pricey everything what she needs. I am thinking about getting an ipad 2 or I mac for us this year because I like it a lot. I am not sure if ipad 3 will come out in November 2012 but we don't have to wait to get it. I do play a lot of games from app stores. My favorite is hanging free, stick swing, words free, and baby adopter.
countrymom 05:31 AM 01-04-2012
so I bought the ipad 2 for dh and I for christmas, we rarely get to use it because my kids use it all the time. They love it. Its the best gift ever. So on the rare times I get to use it, I have used pintrest and google, then my turn is up. My kids play games like crazy. I just bought my ydd a money app (you can change the currency) to help her with because thats what they are doing at school, I really recommend it. I also bought a book about ipad so i can read about all the do's and don't
countrymom 05:32 AM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by LittleDiamonds:
I just got the ipad 2 for xmas, but we have had iphones and ipod touches for a while...

games/kid stuff:
Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, Fruit Ninja, Tiny Towers, Hanging with Friends, Family Feud, doodle buddy, air penguin, all of the "talking" characters - favorite lately is a talking smurf. Have a bunch of mcgraw hill educational games on there and my 5 year old likes alphabet car a lot too. My older DS has every sports game imaginable, madden 11 then 12, fifa soccer 11 then 12, the list goes on and on.

Then I have all kinds of apps like amazon price checker, music apps like pandora, local radio stations, etc., a ton of disney apps from our trip last year, my period tracker (LOL), facebook, pinterest, my bank, etc. etc. And I also have the square device and the app in case parents need/want to pay by credit card!

There really is an app for almost everything, LOL!!!
the talking dinosaur is the best!
Unregistered 06:45 AM 01-05-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
Just got my wife one with G3. We have lots of iPhones but this is our first iPad. I am also interested in what evryone suggests. I am also looking for a Document app like Microsoft Word but it appears I can't get that for Apple.
I am curious to know more about this too. New to this.

Can you link up your ipad to your printer?

I am amazed at all the apps out there, so many. It overwhelms me.

Another question- do you need an antivirus program on the ipad2?
Tags:apps, ipad
Reply Up