Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Awkward Moment Over...Baby Powder
Unregistered 09:11 PM 05-22-2013
Registered but logged out for this post...

Today dcg arrive after spending 5 day at home ( she is here 3 days only). She has redness in the diaper area, not a rash, but it looks mostly like an irritation due to sweat, and not perspiration... not huge deal.. I notified Mom, ad I went on with my day...

As I always do with all diapered babies, I use baby powder (cornstarch, scent free) at each diaper change, especially now that is getting hot here, and they sweat quite a bit..

Today at pick up I was explaining Mom about the redness, and after I said " the baby powder helped to keep her dry...etc", she looks at me and said "oh, really? we never use baby powder unless we have a prescription or an order by her doc to use it"...

I didn't know what to say, and I think I was left there with my mouth open for a few seconds, thinking within myself if today we truly need prescription or permission to use plain, baby powder...

I had my son almost 4 years ago... did something change since then? I used tons of it with him, and I've been using it in my diaper changing routine with the daycare kids...

FYI: this are first time parents, with a "I have no clue" kind of attitude...

How many of you use baby powder without big issues?? I'm still thinking about it...
Tags:2013, baby powder, respiratory issues
Up