Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Open House
susanpierce124 06:26 PM 01-07-2010
I am in the process of opening a new center. I am thinking about doing something like an Open house maybe on a Saturday to promote the new center. Does anyone have any good ideas about what I can offer at this open house to maybe attract the public ?? I am just looking for some ideas that may set me apart from the rest of the centers in town. Also , does anyone have any good ideas how to make a ball pit. I kind of inherited a lot of pit balls but I can't figure out what to do with them. I thought about using them in a kiddie pool but I can't find one (being winter).
originalkat 07:18 PM 01-07-2010
Possibly a bounce house (pretty cold though), hire a clown or other performer, offer cookies/juice as a refreshment, balloons with your name on them (or just regular ones), a simple no mess craft or face painting, set the rooms up neatly and display curriculum so parents can see it, put together information packets for people to take with them...just some ideas.
wejo928 03:35 PM 01-08-2010
I use a Little Likes playpen to keep them in. It works great. I can make it into different shapes and sizes. square, triangle, octigon, t shape, lower r shape. I bought it at a yard sale for $10. I have another 1 I use outside for leaves in winter. and the rest of the year for little kids outside being we do not have a fensened in yard and the kids love to watch the older kids ride their bikes. I can even add both playpens together if neighbors come over.

I hope this helps.
Tags:opem house, promote
Reply Up