Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>20 month old nap trouble
Unregistered 12:10 PM 09-25-2015
I have a 20 month old DCB who used to be a great napper (2-3 hours). In the last month he has been getting tired around 10:30-11 and is pretty crabby until lunch time (noon). Once we are at lunch time he usually pulls it together and is fine until I lay him down anywhere between 12:45-1:00. In the last month he has been averaging no more than an hour nap and then wakes up still crabby and tired. I usually make him stay in his pack in play for the 2 hour nap time unless he is crying so excessively that he could wake up other kids. He sleeps in a room of his own, but the room he sleeps in is right above another bedroom where other children sleep. Today he came earlier than usual because DCD brought him since mom is out of town, so he was obviously up earlier. He was getting tired around 10 and was pretty crabby for about 1 1/2 hours. Again, by lunch time, he was fine. He is not a great eater overall and today only ate his fruit and then gave me his plate to show that he was done. I laid him down a little after one. Thirty minutes later he woke up and has been crying excessively for about the last 20 minutes. Today he is the only one here, so I am going back and forth as to how long I should let he cry before getting him up. I did consider putting him down this morning for a quick nap, but thought then he probably would not sleep at all this afternoon. Not sure what to try next.....
Heidi 12:13 PM 09-25-2015
Could you move everything up and start nap at noon?

I don't know this kiddo, but I moved one of mine to a mat when that started happening, and they did great. I'd keep the playpen handy for a while incase there's shenanigans, though. If you start nap earlier, and it's unsuccessful, they'll still net the same amount of sleep, too.
Reply Up