Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Find This Unacceptable
Auntie 06:00 AM 08-18-2011
I work in a center and went back to work after a week off to be told by 2 children ages 4 and 5 that the assistant director told them that I lie to them. They said to me Miss X said you lie when you tell us those stories. I said No, I don't. Miss Y would never lie to you. And I do NOT lie those are true funny stories that happen. The kids laugh so hard over those funny true stories I share and always ask to hear one. I then went by my coworker and said I do not lie when I tell those stories. Why would you say that to them? Then she went and sternly told the one little girl that she was mad at her.

I am ready to put in my two weeks and quit.
rjskids 06:13 AM 08-18-2011
I would love to ask your coworkers name! haha! That sounds like something a gal I used to work with would do! She always found a way to ruin any cute or fun thing ya had with the kids with her grumpiness!
CheekyChick 06:14 AM 08-18-2011
HOW RUDE!!!

I would ask the Assistant Director to apologize (to you) in front of the class. What she did was inappropriate and disrespectful and the children need to know this.

Oh, and she had NO right to get mad at the little girl. SHE is the one who is in the wrong - not the little girl.
Cat Herder 06:15 AM 08-18-2011
Don't quit.

Make her regret being born...

OK, so that is the redneck in me...but don't let her ruin your relationship with these kids.

I remember my favorite providers to this day. They will remember you, too.

Let it be you that sets the stage for HOW they remember you. IYKWIM?

How about next weeks theme being "Jealousy".....

http://www.askmen.com/money/career_150/157_career.html

I picked the mens viewpoint because they tend to get the point across in less words. Yeah, I know...but I have never been really effeminant...
Auntie 06:32 AM 08-18-2011
great link Cat hearder.

I stayed my happy up beat self and went about my day as though she didnt' say that to the kids. I know better than to make a scene in front of the kids regarding her saying that.

You know how you can walk into a room and just know someone was talking about you? You can feel it in the air so to speak? I just think it is time to make some changes. There are many times where I can feel this. Another coworker who I can confide in has told me she feels so bad for me it is like I can never do anything right in their eyes. (the director's) She doesn't see me that way at all.
Cat Herder 06:38 AM 08-18-2011
I am sorry, hun.

Working in a building full of women is not my cup of tea either...

Plus we sing at the top of our lungs, make HUGE messes and bang on drums like nobody's business here.

They would HATE me in a center...
laundrymom 07:10 AM 08-18-2011
I would just tell the kids, when she could hear,....
I never lie to you about my stories, Miss Terdy is just angry because she never has as much fun as I do and never has good stories,... maybe if she had better manners she would have more fun.
Sugar Magnolia 10:59 AM 08-18-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I am sorry, hun.

Working in a building full of women is not my cup of tea either...

Plus we sing at the top of our lungs, make HUGE messes and bang on drums like nobody's business here.

They would HATE me in a center...
You'd fit right in here Cat!

Auntie, I wish I could hire you! I am also a funny story teller, but I DO make up a lot! You would be soooo welcomed in my center! The older kids love hearing the story about our house (which is the center)! Its a historic home, and that story IS true!
Auntie 06:05 AM 08-19-2011
Sugar Magnolia I also make up goofy songs I am a piece of work. LOL
CheekyChick 09:30 AM 08-19-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I would just tell the kids, when she could hear,....
I never lie to you about my stories, Miss Terdy is just angry because she never has as much fun as I do and never has good stories,... maybe if she had better manners she would have more fun.
Miss Terdy. LOL!!!
Kaddidle Care 06:06 AM 08-20-2011
Originally Posted by Auntie:
I work in a center and went back to work after a week off to be told by 2 children ages 4 and 5 that the assistant director told them that I lie to them. They said to me Miss X said you lie when you tell us those stories. I said No, I don't. Miss Y would never lie to you. And I do NOT lie those are true funny stories that happen. The kids laugh so hard over those funny true stories I share and always ask to hear one. I then went by my coworker and said I do not lie when I tell those stories. Why would you say that to them? Then she went and sternly told the one little girl that she was mad at her.

I am ready to put in my two weeks and quit.
You should NOT quit but do have some words with the Director about it. An adult telling the children that their Teacher is a liar is very unprofessional and scolding the child for telling you about it is really out of line.

If you have staff meetings this type of thing should be brought up. Unacceptable behavior in my book.
Abigail 10:05 AM 08-20-2011
I totally understand where you are coming from Auntie. I work with my boss and two other co-workers. My boss has been on maternity all summer and I finally told her yesterday that I didn't like working with X because of X many reasons.

I got it off my chest and my boss was understanding and agreed (genuinely agreed) to all that I said. I just wanted her to be aware of her employee because it was affecting me and our other co-worker during her maternity leave. I didn't feel like what I did was immature either because she told me she has heard some of my same comments from visits who came to our daycare.

I wanted to tell X off everyday pretty much but didn't. Personally, I've been working on having my own daycare and once we get moved into our home I'll open my own! I really just want to tell my co-worker to shove it where the sun don't shine, but I know everything happens for a reason and it will all work out in the end.
Oneluckymom 10:18 AM 08-20-2011
I just cannot believe that grown adults do things like this. This is just awful and those poor children are having the joy of being a child sucked right out of them by that woman. And then to turn around and say to that little girl that she was now angry at her.....unbelievable. I think that woman never did grow up!!!!

She's happy I am not there.....I would probably be fired!
Tags:competition, jealous, lying, provider, unprofessional
Reply Up