Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>What Is - The Favorite Lunch You Serve?
nikia 09:03 AM 01-12-2011
The favorite lunch you serve? The one that has all the kids clean their plates and never have any complaints?

Here it is homemade bbq beef, rolls, green beans and apples. Or meatloaf with the same fruit, veggie and roll.
dEHmom 09:33 AM 01-12-2011
ew meatloaf....haha sorry never been a fan.

MAC AND CHEESE! what else!
The kids had 3 bowls each yesterday I was shocked.

I do different versions of this, Mac noodles with Real cheddar cheese cubed and then melted on, OR cheese whiz melted on with milk to cream it up a bit, OR velveeta cheese melted on. All work. Yesterdays was velveeta, but I definitely prefer the real cheddar cheese.
melskids 09:53 AM 01-12-2011
ours is breakfast for lunch. anything that is breakfast related is ALWAYS their favorite.
mickey2 09:59 AM 01-12-2011
mine love pizza or spagetti
lvt77 10:03 AM 01-12-2011
grilled cheese, apple sauce, celery with peanutbutter......but its messy...lol
jen 10:06 AM 01-12-2011
Originally Posted by Baybee0585:
ew meatloaf....haha sorry never been a fan.

MAC AND CHEESE! what else!
The kids had 3 bowls each yesterday I was shocked.

I do different versions of this, Mac noodles with Real cheddar cheese cubed and then melted on, OR cheese whiz melted on with milk to cream it up a bit, OR velveeta cheese melted on. All work. Yesterdays was velveeta, but I definitely prefer the real cheddar cheese.
In the US cheezwhiz and velveeta are not considered cheese, they contain less than 50% actual cheese and are not an allowable food source for the food program.
jen 10:09 AM 01-12-2011
My kids favorite...

Scrambled eggs (cage free organic) with cheddar cheese and homemade tomato salsa, whole wheat toast, and fresh mixed fruit (seasonal) with a dollop of organic vanilla yogurt.
Blackcat31 10:23 AM 01-12-2011
Mine love any type of the breakfast for lunch meals and homemade mini pizza's on english muffins. Alot of mine don't care much for mac 'n cheese because they are so over loaded on it at home.
dEHmom 10:27 AM 01-12-2011
I'm in Canada so : P lol, jk.

Lots of my parents do bring lunches for their kids and snacks. They prefer to for whatever reason, so it's mainly my kids. But when I make something for lunch, the daycare kids always get the choice to eat what I make or what their parents make. Often they choose my food! lol. And honestly, OFTEN my food is healthier than what the parents send.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 11:05 AM 08-08-2012
Favorite lunches-
homemade chicken noodle soup (with homemade noodles) carrot sticks, seasonal fruit

String cheese (my kidlets love that stuff!) homemade soft pretzels, veg and fruit

homemade pizza, veg and fruit

spaghetti (whole grain) and meatballs, broccoli, fruit

Whole wheat mini bagels, humus, raw vegies and fruit (they like this as a picnic)

Fried rice with pork or chicken, peas, and fruit

pork stroganoff over noodles, veg and fruit

mac and cheese (I only use Annies- love that stuff or homemade) garbonzo beans, carrots, fruit

Chicken, mashed potatoes, carrots, bread, and fruit.

sloppy joes (homemade) on whole wheat buns, corn on the cob and watermelon!

they eat just about anything
Tags:lunch
Reply Up