Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Moving To Florida What's The Going Rate?
anicks 02:57 PM 05-10-2012
Hi guys,
My family and I are going to be moving to Florida (Englewood area) with in the year and I want to do daycare but not sure I can make as much money as in Alaska. Does anyone know what the going rates for Florida is for infants/toddlers/child.

In Alaska the full time group home rates are:

Infant: 38.00 a day/190 a week
Toddler: 37.00 a day/185.00 a week
Child: 34.00a day/170.00 a week

I'm just trying to see if I should look for something else or try and do daycare there.
Thanks!
Sugar Magnolia 06:57 PM 05-10-2012
Hello from FL! My rates are very close to yours! And I am very close to Englewood! Yay! Someone else from Fl! Alaska to Fl? Ack! in the summer? Double Ack! Lol! Welcome!!!
Registered logged out 04:26 AM 05-11-2012
I'm from central Florida- around here the rate is $125 for infants and a tad lower for older toddlers. The price of living is probably different as well, so you need to take that into consideration. Stuff will probably be a little more pricey in Englewood though, since it is a vacation spot.
Sugar Magnolia 09:47 AM 05-11-2012
The poster above is correct, the coastal areas are pricey to live in, so rates tend to behigher here. Florida is very economically diverse, lots of ultra wealthy, lots below the poverty line as well, has lots to do with geography.
anicks 11:49 AM 05-11-2012
Thanks bunches! It is going to be a drastic change in every way possible. In winter the difference is crazy -50 in Alaska to 60 above in Florida! Summer in Alaska is in the high 70s to mid 80s. But the cost of living in Alaska is outrageous. My utilities are 54% more in Alaska alone! I guess I just need to know if I can support my family if need be on my income. I love kids and would hate to not do child care because I truly love my job. If its comparable I will keep it going. It super scary making such a big move! But I'm totally ready for an adventure!
Reply Up