Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Beyond Stressed! State, Parents, Kids, OMG
DaisyMamma 10:48 AM 08-17-2012
I had the state show up a few weeks back because of a monetary issue with a parent who called and made false complaints. I posted about this, anyway there were a few minor citations. They show up again today (why isn't there a crying face ) and I got another citation WTH! At least this lady was nicer then the last one! In fact, THANK GOD it wasn't the last one!!

On top of this I asked the state lady about this - and she says I can't have another baby enrolled (also posted about hiring earlier) with an 'assistant' unless the assistant goes through 90-day background check, EVENTHOUGH the person is already APPROVED to LIVE in my HOUSE and has a background check on file with the state!!! I also can't use the other provider who applied for the job because she turned in her license before applying to be my assistant and needs a new 90-day background check!!!! Are you kidding me??? ....So I have to turn the family away.

I'm drowning here, will be making just enough come school year to cover bills, like JUST enough TO THE penny, so not really enough.
I'm tired, I'm stressed out, I'm frustrated. I'm sick of cleaning! I can't catch up!! Every time I clean it is messy or sticky or gross with something else 5 min. later! I hate cleaning and there is SO MUCH cleaning involved in this job! UGH.

The kids have been crazy (probably getting a vibe from me).

And I just needed to vent my frustrations to some people who understand. So thank you for reading
Heidi 10:52 AM 08-17-2012
I don't know what to say other than hang in there?

Gosh, sometimes rules are just there to complicate things for no real reason other than to complicate things...
laundrymom 11:32 AM 08-17-2012
I keep quotes under the glass of my desk to encourage me when writing. One says,

If you think you can ... Or you cant ... You're right.

I believe you CAN. :-) hang in there.

Another says,
How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

You CAN do this.
DaisyMamma 11:34 AM 08-17-2012
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

You CAN do this.
Thank you.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 11:41 AM 08-17-2012
Deep breaths and a cup of coffee
Now, hand all of your kidlets a wet wipe and let them clean toys for you Wipe off you table and chairs and give a quick sweep under the table, you'll feel better. I have certain areas that if they are clean and clutter free I am good. Today being friday means that all the bedding for kidlets gets washed after naptime. Playroom will be all tidied and wiped down. Yes, almost 3 yr old loves cleaning toys with me
Figure out what you need to do so you can feel like it is not chaos. Like a short doable list. You'll feel better. (mine is dishes and kitchen floor, table cleared)
countrymom 12:55 PM 08-17-2012
I'm hiring a cleaning lady, I can't keep up either.
Country Kids 01:00 PM 08-17-2012
My whole house has gone to pot. I literally can't keep one room clean! I'm getting real worn out spending 10.5 hours a day attached to the kids.

Daisy Mama I feel for you! I just lost a little one so there goes money that we were counting on for back to school cost and such. No regard for me, just we're moving the child somewhere else.

I would love to take a week off and just clean each room of my house thoughly.
ChickenRowe 06:40 PM 08-17-2012
Don't want to hijack this post , but WTH is a 90 day background check? I don't understand. 90 days...for what?
Here...and I actually just did this recently..we went to the state troopers barracks and both hands and ALL fingers were digitally printed....the guy said it would take 2 weeks to come back. And...done. 90 days? I don't get it.
DaisyMamma 07:49 PM 08-17-2012
Originally Posted by ChickenRowe:
Don't want to hijack this post , but WTH is a 90 day background check? I don't understand. 90 days...for what?
Here...and I actually just did this recently..we went to the state troopers barracks and both hands and ALL fingers were digitally printed....the guy said it would take 2 weeks to come back. And...done. 90 days? I don't get it.
Two weeks. I wish! Ha! I have NO idea why! isn't that the dumbest thing you ever heard?
You can't tell me that even 1 single daycare center in my state follows that rule! When a minimum wage employee walks or gets fired that person needs to be replaced immediately! Otherwise they are over ratio. Soooooo its one violation or the other????? Or are they suppose to kick out a bunch of kids because they don't have enough staff! LOL, like that would ever happen.
Country Kids 10:03 PM 08-18-2012
Have you looked into doing it online? In my state they can do it on line and you get it back within 5 days (at the latest). They actually ENCOURAGE you do to this as the other way they can't tell you how long it will be.
Abigail 05:38 PM 08-19-2012
Here the person I just hired (my first employee!) had a basic background check took two weeks to get back and my licensor said she had to go in for digital fingerprint--just like I did--because she lived outside of the state within the last ten years. This takes up to 3 months to get back because it goes based off location and where it goes and slow they are at getting it back. She can still work for me but under supervision. Of course though, I've never had a complaint so that might be why they're taking the extra measure.

BTW, it always helps your daycare business to join a local association or participate in some daycare activities locally where people get to know you better. I joined two years before I opened my daycare and lots of people are supportive and helpful.
DaisyMamma 06:38 PM 08-19-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Have you looked into doing it online? In my state they can do it on line and you get it back within 5 days (at the latest). They actually ENCOURAGE you do to this as the other way they can't tell you how long it will be.
Wouldn't that be nice!

Yes, Abigail, I'm being extra cautious. Even under supervision I can't have an assistant without the background check. If I just needed an extra pair of hands I wouldn't be worried, but since its a ratio thing its not good.
Tags:complaint - false, stress
Reply Up