Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Client Withdrew Without Notice
trix23 02:20 PM 07-09-2017
She still has $250 to pay towards the Enrollment Fee (last 2 weeks tuition) and she didn't give proper notice OR pay for this upcoming week. Been here 3 weeks for an infant.

My handbook says that if two weeks notice is not given then they will be responsible for paying the rest of the Enrollment Fee, late fees, court fees (if i take them).

And as far as her paperwork goes, I don't have her address or her driver's license #- I have it as part of my application docs but kept forgetting to ask her for a copy of her license. she loves my program so much I couldn't imagine that she would withdraw from care...

what options do I have right now? I told her that I'm willing to work out a payment arrangement but that I'll need a copy of her drivers license for it.
ColorfulSunburst 06:09 PM 07-09-2017
in the future do not accept a kid if the paper work and all payments are not done.

seems that she needed your service for a very short period of time and she got it for minimum money.

Do not make the same mistake anymore. That's it.
trix23 06:11 PM 07-09-2017
She paid tuition for 3 weeks, supply fee, application fee, and $150 of the enrollment fee.

Like i said, I require drivers license # in my paperwork but kept forgetting to get it. (If it's not written down for me to ask, it's lost in my head.)

Do I have any recourse?
Claraskids 07:49 PM 07-09-2017
She paid for the three weeks her infant was in care plus additional fees? Honestly, I'd cut my losses and be happy with that. Fill the spot, move on and make sure to get all info for the next enrollment.
Josiegirl 04:12 AM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Claraskids:
She paid for the three weeks her infant was in care plus additional fees? Honestly, I'd cut my losses and be happy with that. Fill the spot, move on and make sure to get all info for the next enrollment.
Yup, I doubt you have any recourse but then, I'm not a fighter. To me, it wouldn't be worth the battle. Did she say why she pulled? I agree with the PP who said it sounds like she needed some short-term care.
Ariana 05:35 AM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Claraskids:
Agreed. Lesson learned for next time.
Blackcat31 06:19 AM 07-10-2017
I am usually not one to let things go but in this case, the onus lies with you so I'd chalk it up to a learning experience as well. Basically there was no services performed that were not paid for so I'd let it go this time.

Rest assured, you DO get better at this the longer you are in business because you figure out that not remembering, waiving policies or making exceptions only costs you in the end so there IS never an experience that isn't a good one.

You just have to look at it from the right perspective.
KiwiKids 06:36 AM 07-10-2017
Same here. It sounds like she needed three weeks of care and played it so she paid the least amount of money needed.

It stinks and I'm sorry it happened. It does get easier in time to "read people" and cover your own bases.
Tags:nonpayment
Reply Up