Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>But the Dr Said...!
DaycareDays126 11:16 AM 07-13-2017
I don't care what the Dr. said unless he is going to come and clean and disinfect my home after your child has thrown up, had diarrhea, green mucus for weeks or whatever the case may be!

I have in my handbook, more than once, that re-admittance to care is at MY discretion ONLY. A Drs note does not automatically mean the child can return. I just don't get people sometimes. What is so hard to understand about 1.) I do not want your child's bodily fluids all over my home that I have to clean (as if there is not enough cleaning to be done) 2.) How would you feel if someone else's child's bodily fluids were being passed to YOUR child? 3.) YOUR CHILD IS NOT THE ONLY CHILD HERE!

*face palm* Sometimes I feel like the life is being sucked out of me!
Leigh 01:02 PM 07-13-2017
Originally Posted by DaycareDays126:
I don't care what the Dr. said unless he is going to come and clean and disinfect my home after your child has thrown up, had diarrhea, green mucus for weeks or whatever the case may be!

I have in my handbook, more than once, that re-admittance to care is at MY discretion ONLY. A Drs note does not automatically mean the child can return. I just don't get people sometimes. What is so hard to understand about 1.) I do not want your child's bodily fluids all over my home that I have to clean (as if there is not enough cleaning to be done) 2.) How would you feel if someone else's child's bodily fluids were being passed to YOUR child? 3.) YOUR CHILD IS NOT THE ONLY CHILD HERE!

Next time, I am going to ask "will Dr X be coming to clean up the puke/diarrhea if she were wrong?"
Blackcat31 01:09 PM 07-13-2017
Originally Posted by DaycareDays126:

I just took the stress out of it all together.

New policy:

"Doctor's notes for re-admittance to care WILL be accepted ONLY if stapled (not taped) to 2 crisp $100 dollar bills and accompanied by a large dark coffee with sugar free, organic french vanilla creamer. Please no Styrofoam cups... paper or re-usable cups only.

If any of the above items are not brought in together as outlined specifically in the aforementioned paragraph, no services will be provided."

DaycareDays126 01:29 PM 07-13-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

New policy:

"Doctor's notes for re-admittance to care WILL be accepted ONLY if stapled (not taped) to 2 crisp $100 dollar bills and accompanied by a large dark coffee with sugar free, organic french vanilla creamer. Please no Styrofoam cups... paper or re-usable cups only.

If any of the above items are not brought in together as outlined specifically in the aforementioned paragraph, no services will be provided."
Omg I love this! Thank you for giving me a laugh!
nannyde 03:12 PM 07-13-2017
My Doctor said your Doctor was wrong. My Doctor said your child can not return to daycare until I allow him to return.

Now there. Are we even with the Doctor deal?

If not, my Doctor would like to challenge your Doctor to a duel at High Noon tomorrow in the parking lot of the Piggly Wiggly.

Let me know how it turns out.
Leigh 03:29 PM 07-13-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

New policy:

I am SERIOUSLY thinking that I am going to add this to my handbook. For reals!

Originally Posted by nannyde:
My Doctor said your Doctor was wrong. My Doctor said your child can not return to daycare until I allow him to return.

Now there. Are we even with the Doctor deal?

If not, my Doctor would like to challenge your Doctor to a duel at High Noon tomorrow in the parking lot of the Piggly Wiggly.

Let me know how it turns out.

nannyde 04:34 PM 07-13-2017
I was going to say that Drs opinions are like arse****s. Every Dr has one. But I figured I could get booted for it so I restrained myself. ;-)
Ariana 06:35 PM 07-13-2017

Mad_Pistachio 06:25 PM 07-15-2017
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Drs opinions are like arse****s. Every Dr has one.
... and they all stink.
Reply Up