Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do You Clean Pack N Play?
Sunshine44 11:15 AM 06-02-2011
How do you all clean pack n plays? Especially if poop is all over it? Thanks for the help!
dEHmom 11:32 AM 06-02-2011
ummm ewwww......

pressure washer!
Cat Herder 11:36 AM 06-02-2011
I use a clean garden hose attachment fertilizer sprayer (unused) filled with Q128 and set up all of my PNP's on the back deck with the mats laid over the railing.

I hose them down well and allow to air dry. Easy Peasy.

It rinses, deodorizes (smells like lemon soap) and disinfects all at once.
Live and Learn 11:37 AM 06-02-2011
I think I would be tempted to throw it on the burn pile!
wdmmom 12:04 PM 06-02-2011
I use the garden hose and Clorox Clean Up. Leave it outside to dry and once completely dry I take commercial sanitizer to it.
youretooloud 12:14 PM 06-02-2011
I wanted to clean mine too! I'm glad you asked this question. I was afraid to clean them in case it made them fall apart. Maybe I'll do it on Friday night and then if something happens, I can replace one or two of them by Monday.
daycare 12:20 PM 06-02-2011
I use a scrub brush, antibacterial spray and garden hose. I wash it once a week or if an accident
occurs (sick too)
Abigail 06:10 PM 06-02-2011
What do you do on a regular basis year round....we'd never be able to use the hose half the year because of freezing temps.
mickey2 07:20 AM 06-03-2011
Nursery Safety: How To Clean A Baby's Playpen

http://www.essortment.com/nursery-sa...pen-56181.html
mac60 10:29 AM 06-03-2011
I read it. This would not properly clean some of the poop messes I have had to clean out of a pack in play. And to properly clean bad poop or vomit messes, you seriously need to spray down in the shower or with a hose the mat and possible the top edges and sides. And if you spray the mat, at least with mine, they warp because they are made of particle board that is not waterproof.
Unregistered 08:22 PM 08-13-2011
I USED AWESOME SPRAY FROM THE DALLOR STORE AND POWER HOUSE CAN SPRAY BATHROOM CLEANER IT CLEAN AND DEODORIZES AND YOU CAN MIX THE TWO PLUSE IF YOU NEED TO CLEAN MOLD UP FROM PACK AND PLAYS ITS OK FOR THAT TO AND I USED ULTRA BLEACH SAFE FOR NYLON ORLON DACRON

I JUST GOT SOME FROM GRAGE SALE AND THATS HOW I CLEAN THEM THEY WERE FULL OF PEE YELLOW AND MOLD IF YOU WANT TO SEE A PHOTO OF HOW CLEAN I GOT THEM E MAIL ME AT muffyson@hickorytech.net it was green poo pack and play
Unregistered 09:37 AM 11-30-2012
We live in an apartment so access to a hose isn't readily available. No poop yet but I got our pack n play 2nd hand and it smelt like cigarettes. First, I treated the fabric by spraying it with vinegar (amazing at removing smells.) I unscrewed the four corners of the top frame, which allowed me to remove the bottom support. I removed the top rack to the dishwasher and put the fabric with the top frame in standing up onto the bottom rack. I added 1 tbsp of Oxyclean and 1 tbsp of fabric softener. I did not use the heated dry seating, instead I took it out side to air dry. Any other parts that were small enough, like the mobile animals, changing table, and carrying case went in the washing machine. Like new now & no it didn't hurt the dishwasher, you would be surprised what you can safely throw in there.
spud912 01:13 PM 11-30-2012
This is exactly why I have wooden portable cribs....they are soooo easy to clean!
JustMe 02:20 PM 11-30-2012
I needed a pnp very quickly, so I bought one from someone locally online. Didn't notice til I got it home that it smelled terrible, kind of like smoke and vomit mixed. Ewww...... Well, we scrubbed it down with various cleaners and then disinfectant wipes, but I thought I could still smell something lingering. So I filled up my bathtub, added laundry detergent, and threw the whole thing in there (broken down, of course). I soaked it a little while (the water turned brown - gross!), rinsed it a few times, and let it air dry for a few days. No warping, thankfully - I didn't even know that could happen. Now it is good as new!
LaLa1923 04:28 PM 11-30-2012
I thought the pnps would warp? I sure wish there were pnps that had washable pads!

Also, covering it with plastic or chucks is that safe? Idk, never did it.

I use one pnp per baby. GERBER makes waterproof pads! So does walmart (their brand). I just line the pnp with them. You can also use a quilted pnp fitted sheet for even MORE protection! I wish I had space for two cribs
Tags:pack n play, pack n play - cleaning
Reply Up