Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Holding A Spot During Summer
MissAnn 03:51 AM 03-15-2012
Happily, I'm in a position where people are willing to pay to hold a spot this summer. This is the first year I've required it for my teacher's kids. My policies say that to hold you spot you must pay for 2 days at part time rate.

Now I'm wondering...should I require people to pay the same if they paying to hold a part time spot? Does that seem fair? I thought about wording it.....you must pay 1/2 price to hold a spot. But.....that would make me very poor in the summer! I have almost all teacher's kids and several of those kids are part time.

What do you do?
mac60 05:01 AM 03-15-2012
If their part time rate is $50 per week, their holding rate would be half and can come 1 day per week on that rate.

Holding rate == 1/2 of normal rate.
momma2girls 05:05 AM 03-15-2012
I have teacher's children and I have a holding fee of 2 weeks during the summer.
momma2girls 05:10 AM 03-15-2012
I have friends that do 1/2 the weekly rate, and they can come one day of the week, if they want. They designate a day uring the summer just for them. Another one does $50.00 week, and the children cannot come at all, this is only to hold your spot.
AnneCordelia 05:18 AM 03-15-2012
Holding a spot, any spot be it part time or full time, requires a fee equal to 2 days of care.

I cannot afford to go lower than that. Parttime children still take up a spot in my daycare that cannot be filled short term and in order to make my business profitable I cannot offer a spot or hold a spot for less than 2 days worth of fees per week. I don't think it's unreasonable to request that. Your policy is NOT to cut fees in half, your policy is that a reserved spot (any spot) costs equal to 2 days a week in fees.
MissAnn 08:47 AM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by AnneCordelia:
Holding a spot, any spot be it part time or full time, requires a fee equal to 2 days of care.

I cannot afford to go lower than that. Parttime children still take up a spot in my daycare that cannot be filled short term and in order to make my business profitable I cannot offer a spot or hold a spot for less than 2 days worth of fees per week. I don't think it's unreasonable to request that. Your policy is NOT to cut fees in half, your policy is that a reserved spot (any spot) costs equal to 2 days a week in fees.
yes! This is exactly what I'm doing. Cutting a part time spot in half would be a waste of my time! I am not going to save a spot for $25/week! Ok....I feel better about requiring 2 days from everyone wanting to reserve a spot. It's not like I only have 1 part time teacher's kid.....I have 5! So.....letting them only pay 1/2 of their part time spot would send me to bankruptcy! I liked your wording.....I will have to copy your post to remind myself of exactly what you said! Thanks!
bice99 08:57 AM 03-15-2012
Spot Holding (maternity leave/teacher’s summer)
If you do not need immediate care, a holding fee of half your normal monthly rate will guarantee your child’s place at ***x Childcare for up to 2 months. Beyond that time, full tuition is due to guarantee your child’s spot. Fees are due in the same manner as normal monthly tuition. No refund will be given if you choose not to return after the leave. Withdrawal requirements still apply. A separate contract will be required for spot holding.
bice99 08:58 AM 03-15-2012
FYI - my PT families all pay a weekly minimum equal to 3.5 days (for 3 or fewer days of care)
Tags:holding spot, summer
Reply Up