Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Monday After Day Lights Savings!
E Daycare 04:09 AM 03-14-2011
Hope everyone is doing good with the switch. I know I could use that extra hour (or 4) of sleep today! I dont know who is having a harder time, me or my ds. lol
juliebug 04:34 AM 03-14-2011
I could use some extra sleep but my daughter is doing horid this morning I just hope we make it to school on time
AnythingsPossible 04:38 AM 03-14-2011
I always dread this day. It is usually one of the worst daycare days of the year. I always plan quiet activities, outdoor time, early lunch and early nap and work on transitioning things back to normal throughout the week.
melissa ann 05:08 AM 03-14-2011
Yesterday my 3 yr old and 6 yr old slept for 3 hours yesterday afternoon. I would have too, but my leg is still giving me pain. I hate changing the clocks. I love the extra daylight but it takes me like 2 weeks to recover from the lost hour. And it seems the old I get, the longer it takes: )
Meyou 05:18 AM 03-14-2011
I only have one child today and she's a quiet one so I'm lucky. My own kids had to be dynamited out of bed this morning though. lol
E Daycare 05:22 AM 03-14-2011
We started transitioning our son a few days before hand but I shouldve done the same for myself. Hes doing fine but Im exhausted today. I only have one dck today and my son but a afternoon interview so Im hoping I dont seem like a zombie by then.

I gave up coffee for the new year and some days I regret it. Today would be one of those days lol.
MyAngels 05:31 AM 03-14-2011
I must be lucky, it hasn't affected me or the kids at all. One little girl came in looking a bit sleepy, but she perked right up and is just fine now. Hopefully they won't hit a wall later .
Zoe 05:48 AM 03-14-2011
It usually doesn't affect me or my kids too much, but we were so busy on Saturday getting a new car that we completely forgot about it! Normally not such a big deal but my mother and I were going to go shopping Sunday morning. So I'm still in my pj's having coffee when she shows up "an hour early" and I had no idea what was going on!

My whole system has been off every since! I'm not worried about the kids, it's me who's having a hard time!
sahm2three 07:27 AM 03-14-2011
Everyone is sooooooooooooo tired today! They are all just lying around! I am hoping it warms up quickly so we can head outside! It is still only about 40 degrees, so once it hits 50 we are outta here! I am hoping the fresh air will help! One of my little 2 yo dcb's asked me if he could go "nigh nigh". The powers that be need to just leave the time alone!!!
laundrymom 09:08 AM 03-14-2011
Im having an extra cup of coffee today for sure!!! lol,.. As an Indiana girl, we just started this whole DST thing not long ago and to be honest,.. I hate it. If there is a positive side I cant find it!!!
newtodaycare22 09:32 AM 03-14-2011
We are all doing fine here...but I dread tomorrow. When I taught in the public school system, it was never the day after vacation that was horrible-it was the SECOND day when the waking up early caught up with them again
Sunny Day 09:50 AM 03-14-2011
I'm sooooooo tired! The kids seem fine, but I don't know how I'm going to make it through the rest of the day!
Tags:daylight saving time, monday, spring, tired
Reply Up