Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare License with Petit larceny
Unregistered 08:20 AM 04-20-2009
I would like to get a home daycare License and I know a background check/fingerprints are required.

I am very embarrassed by this, but I received a petit larceny (theft) charge last Sept, served community service and the lawyer said my case would be sealed.

I am not at all a violent person, I love children and I just made a horrible bad choice one day that I regret and would never ever do again as I have never been in trouble with the law prior to this, I had never been so scared in my entire life. It was a horrible move because of tough times. No excuses, just regret that I cannot take back.

So my question is, can you still obtain a child care license if you received a petit larceny? I'm sure it will vary state to state, but I appreciate any feedback. I just don't want to start the long process if it's not a possibility. Do you know anyone that has had a charge and was able to obtain a child care license?

Also, since my lawyer stated my case was sealed, will this show up on my fingerprints?
Former Teacher 05:06 PM 04-20-2009
I don't think it's a problem. My former co workERS (there were 4 of them!!) were in trouble with the law and they still had a job. Two were with theft. They decided to be funny and fill a basket full of groceries and decided to leave with the cart. They got caught, arrested, spent the night in jail etc etc.. Another one again theft. She was working at another job at a hair salon and was stealing tips. The forth one wasn't with theft but she had DWIs. All still had their job. I think as long as your "mistakes" don't involve children, you will be ok.
Everyone makes mistakes and everyone deserves a second chance. I wish you the best of luck. God Bless!
Reply Up