Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Moving & Closing...When to notify parents?
Unregistered 05:14 AM 03-25-2015
We just found out that hubby has to leave to start his new job in Idaho in 3 weeks! I will be staying back with the kids and we won't be moving up until the first week of August. Since we live in Iowa now, and there are a lot of things I need to tie up here...it's just not possible for the kids and I to join him until then. I will be closing my daycare on July 31st, so I have time to sell all my equipment the following week. Won't be restarting daycare there, and don't want to tote all this stuff on a 23 hour car ride :/

Anyway...when should I notify parents? I can't afford for anyone to leave early, but do want to be upfront about it. I don't know. I am torn. Should I go ahead and give them their tax receipts then as well?
originalkat 08:16 AM 03-25-2015
I would notify all of the parents in Mid June. This will get you close enough to your end date and give the parents enough time to find alternate care.

I would give parents their tax statements before you move if you have time.
LysesKids 08:25 AM 03-25-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
We just found out that hubby has to leave to start his new job in Idaho in 3 weeks! I will be staying back with the kids and we won't be moving up until the first week of August. Since we live in Iowa now, and there are a lot of things I need to tie up here...it's just not possible for the kids and I to join him until then. I will be closing my daycare on July 31st, so I have time to sell all my equipment the following week. Won't be restarting daycare there, and don't want to tote all this stuff on a 23 hour car ride :/

Anyway...when should I notify parents? I can't afford for anyone to leave early, but do want to be upfront about it. I don't know. I am torn. Should I go ahead and give them their tax receipts then as well?
I would plan on two weeks to sell stuff ( sooner if it's items you can do without the last weeks of care)... I had issues last time I waited till the week before my last move and ended up letting stuff go for free to get rid of it in time; yep, even having a yard sale didn't help lol - I moved almost 13 hrs away
Reply Up