Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Oh Myyyy
Controlled Chaos 03:01 PM 03-19-2015
I just got an email reply through craigslist. It was replying to an ad I have up about openings in May.

Here is the email:
"Hello. My name is ****. I am 28 years old from Ogden Utah. I know this is going to sound really weird but I promise its not as bad as it sounds. I like wearing diapers and getting treated like a baby. I was wondering if I could pay you enough to be watched at you're daycare. I wouldn't mind paying you a little more since I'm an adult. On a day where its just me and no other little kids to interact with. I am very sweet and loving. Let me know if you would be interested thanks."

I won't share the pic, I don't want to give you nightmares

He included his whole name... Should I report him? To who?
Thriftylady 03:05 PM 03-19-2015
Wow that would freak me out also.
Unregistered 03:23 PM 03-19-2015
Dont respond to the email. If he keeps contacting you, block his email address. If your gut instinct is telling you to report him, you could warn other providers about him.
Meeko 03:25 PM 03-19-2015
Ugh! I would report it. I'll let you know if he contacts any of us south of Ogden!
Gemma 03:30 PM 03-19-2015
Wow!
I wonder if this is mentioned in the Licensing regulations
Controlled Chaos 03:31 PM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Ugh! I would report it. I'll let you know if he contacts any of us south of Ogden!

crazydaycarelady 03:32 PM 03-19-2015
I just saw an episode about a guy like that on TLC recently. He even had giant onsies made for himself! It would take more than "a little more" for me to do it though!
Gemma 03:35 PM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
Should I report him? To who?
I wouldn't! ...all he did was ask a question!...besides, I think he's got enough problems
Rockgirl 03:42 PM 03-19-2015
I can't be the only one curious about the pic! Lol
e.j. 03:51 PM 03-19-2015
I just got an email reply through craigslist. It was replying to an ad I have up about openings in May.

Here is the email:
"Hello. My name is ****. I am 28 years old from Ogden Utah. I know this is going to sound really weird but I promise its not as bad as it sounds. I like wearing diapers and getting treated like a baby. I was wondering if I could pay you enough to be watched at you're daycare. I wouldn't mind paying you a little more since I'm an adult. On a day where its just me and no other little kids to interact with. I am very sweet and loving. Let me know if you would be interested thanks."

There's not enough money in the world!!!
AmyKidsCo 04:44 PM 03-19-2015
Fun, fun! I make cloth diapers as a side/hobby business and have gotten lots of requests for adult sized diapers. Some were for bona fide elderly with incontinence issues that I felt bad I couldn't help, but others were "icky" like this.
Controlled Chaos 05:42 PM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by Gemma:
I wouldn't! ...all he did was ask a question!...besides, I think he's got enough problems
I normally just roll my eyes or laugh at this sort of craigslist spam, but it was the comment about coming to the daycare, and doing that activity on daycare time/property around children that freaked me out. I used to donate breast milk and got a few creepy emails from guys looking for an adult wet nurse BUT they never said "let me come to your business, around other kids" that's what made me think of reporting. And more just because the genius included his full name

I am wondering how much extra he thinks it will cost?

The picture's not nasty or anything, just weird. Just a giant 28 years old in a diaper with a binky

Different strokes for different folks.
Thriftylady 05:45 PM 03-19-2015
I read "no other kids around" not sure what scares me more!
DaveA 06:00 PM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Dont respond to the email. If he keeps contacting you, block his email address. If your gut instinct is telling you to report him, you could warn other providers about him.
That was what I was thinking. I would let other providers in the area know without identifying him and maybe give your rep a heads up so they can decide if they want to let area providers know.

Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
I can't be the only one curious about the pic! Lol
I'm not that curious. All I could think of about the pic was remembering my wife taking my kids to JC Pennys for baby pics. I just had the mental image of some mall photographer saying "They don't pay me enough for this crap!"
Rockgirl 06:36 PM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:

I'm not that curious. All I could think of about the pic was remembering my wife taking my kids to JC Pennys for baby pics. I just had the mental image of some mall photographer saying "They don't pay me enough for this crap!"
Lol! How about a hairy back showing between the straps of an oversized sunsuit?

Ok.....I'm just weird.
Michael 07:55 PM 03-19-2015
This is a case where technology offers us too much.
Josiegirl 02:36 AM 03-20-2015
You'd have to charge him extra because your Food Program won't cover him.
Some people are just too weird for my visual images.
Pepperth 04:21 AM 03-20-2015
Pretty sure I saw something like that on Dr. Phil years ago. It was interesting...
k.mcmahan2010 03:28 PM 03-22-2015
There was an episode of "1000 ways to die" like this once...the guy had adult sized onsies and diapers and even a crib he had built. I think the ending was he dropped his binky while in the crib and tried reaching through the rails to get it and his head got trapped or something (drop side crib).
Controlled Chaos 05:57 PM 03-22-2015
Originally Posted by k.mcmahan2010:
There was an episode of "1000 ways to die" like this once...the guy had adult sized onsies and diapers and even a crib he had built. I think the ending was he dropped his binky while in the crib and tried reaching through the rails to get it and his head got trapped or something (drop side crib).

Laurel 12:19 PM 03-23-2015

Here is the email:

Way back about 15 years or so, before Craiglist, I advertised in our main newspaper want ads. The ONLY call I got was someone with the same request. He called by phone. Caught off guard I said "I only care for children" and he said "Well I am like a child." Click.

Laurel
RTG 02:39 PM 03-23-2015
I would not report him. Just because people have weird kinks doesn't mean they are predators. However, it is not appropriate. I would say, "Hey, no way. I'm not into that and I care for actual children. Just an FYI though, you are putting yourself at risk by reaching out to the wrong community who are very likely to take you the wrong way. Find a kink community online."
Controlled Chaos 03:16 PM 03-23-2015
Originally Posted by RTG:
I would not report him. Just because people have weird kinks doesn't mean they are predators. However, it is not appropriate. I would say, "Hey, no way. I'm not into that and I care for actual children. Just an FYI though, you are putting yourself at risk by reaching out to the wrong community who are very likely to take you the wrong way. Find a kink community online."

Yea, in reality I don't think he was a predator, I think he is a guy with a kink and no idea of the appropriate way to go about it. Savage Love is one of my favorite podcasts lol so I am familiar with the difference between kink and predator. BUT I jut emailed him,to let him know how many providers would have reported him and that if he ever contacts me again I will.
NightOwl 10:52 AM 03-24-2015
He's not a predator, he's got a weird fetish. I wouldn't report him. And yes, I'm also curious about the picture! But what if he found out you posted it here? Such a strange situation.
Blackcat31 11:00 AM 03-24-2015
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
He's not a predator, he's got a weird fetish. I wouldn't report him. And yes, I'm also curious about the picture! But what if he found out you posted it here? Such a strange situation.
I saw it on Facebook last week'

I'm sure it's been posted (shared) in more than one place by now.
NightOwl 11:48 AM 03-24-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I saw it on Facebook last week'

I'm sure it's been posted (shared) in more than one place by now.
In the voice of Jimmy Falon, EW. Just EW.
Tags:freaky people, pedophile, weird
Reply Up