Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Outdoor equipment and toys for older kids
Unregistered 09:10 AM 03-24-2015
For those that have SA kiddos what do you have outdoors for them? In took to purchase something that my littles along with my SA can enjoy. They are both 6 year old girls.
Shell 10:12 AM 03-24-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
For those that have SA kiddos what do you have outdoors for them? In took to purchase something that my littles along with my SA can enjoy. They are both 6 year old girls.
I've only taken SA'ers on occasion, but find they will play on swings and slides, but prefer to have t-ball, soccer and nets, basketball- they enjoy playing sports more than the climbers.
I have a large wooden climber for the older kids and some smaller step 2/ little tykes stuff for the younger ones. I think they would be just fine with balls, bats, nets, etc. Hth.
nothingwithoutjoy 10:13 AM 03-24-2015
What my kids use most is the mud kitchen (metal pots and pans and spoons from thrift stores, good kid-sized shovels, wooden shelves free from the side of the road, stump "table" and "chairs"), water when the weather allows.

In nice weather, they also like to use my art cart (rolling cart stocked with paper on clipboards, pencils, markers, watercolor paints, scissors, glue).

They love swinging in the hammocks.

Sleds in winter, wagons in the other seasons.

Dolls.

Balls.

Not much else gets used regularly! We have a lot of nature: sticks, rocks, mud, trees, chickens. That's enough for them (and we're out several hours per day).
Josiegirl 10:15 AM 03-24-2015
I have stuff geared towards the littler crowd but they love the tire swing I hang every year. Even the big sand box is one of their hang out spots. Plus they like to bring indoor things outside to play on the big picnic table, games, paper/markers, etc.
I don't have anything really geared towards the older kids but when the summer months come, we make it work. Plus our garden and sprinkler play, chalk, they seem happy.
KSDC 08:13 PM 03-24-2015
I put in an adjustable basketball goal a few years ago. I can raise it to regulation height for my own children (JH/HS age) and lower it for my elementary SA kiddos. It is always their first choice.

I usually only have SA age up to about 2nd grade. They will still play with chalk and bubbles and digging toys.
Rockgirl 06:12 AM 03-25-2015
Originally Posted by KSDC:
I put in an adjustable basketball goal a few years ago. I can raise it to regulation height for my own children (JH/HS age) and lower it for my elementary SA kiddos. It is always their first choice.

I usually only have SA age up to about 2nd grade. They will still play with chalk and bubbles and digging toys.
Thanks for this! I think I will move our basketball goal into the yard and lower it. My 6 year olds would love it!
Reply Up