Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Yucky Day
mamamanda 07:00 AM 03-31-2015
My 7mo is sick and has cried all morning. He is on meds with breathing treatments 3 times a day. Not contagious, but just miserable. And of course the dcks are crazy today and not one of them wants to follow the rules. I'm ready to sit and cry myself. What a crappy morning.
hope 07:13 AM 03-31-2015
I'm sorry. We all take this job to be home with our own kids and when they need us the job can get in the way. Can you put on a movie? Break out some playdoh or arts and crafts supplies that they don't play with often? Sometimes letting them play with the real messy stuff can keep them occupied for a while and is worth the clean up....and you can have them help clean up. Juat trying to think of things that may occupy the dcks for a while so you can have some cuddle time with your sick baby.
Blackcat31 07:36 AM 03-31-2015

Hoping your day gets better!
Gemma 08:42 AM 03-31-2015
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
My 7mo is sick and has cried all morning. He is on meds with breathing treatments 3 times a day. Not contagious, but just miserable. And of course the dcks are crazy today and not one of them wants to follow the rules. I'm ready to sit and cry myself. What a crappy morning.
Hope things get better soon!
Josiegirl 09:26 AM 03-31-2015
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
Off days are bound to happen. We get through the best we can and hope the next day is better. Hang in there and I hope your son feels a lot better tomorrow!!!
KIDZRMYBIZ 09:35 AM 03-31-2015
I would do a movie or tv, too. My DCFs are always okay with it when I explain why we did today, and are more likely relieved that I didn't close!

Tomorrow will be better!
mamamanda 02:11 PM 03-31-2015
Well, we made it through the day! Here's hoping tomorrow goes better. Thanks for the encouragement!!! I'm so grateful the weather warmed up nicely & after hours of crying I took the kids outside & cuddled with my baby on the swing. He called right down & fell asleep on my lap. It's the little things that make the day so much better. And I did allow a short movie this afternoon. Not a normal here, but today it helped.
mamamanda 02:12 PM 03-31-2015
*calmed
Reply Up